GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Woah."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/01 at 18:17
Regular
Today I noticed that I haven't played a game in a week. One whole week.

It's probably due to me working for the whole day every other day... and when I get time off, I absorb myself in the Fog Stories... it could be that I'm losing love for gaming again, or just plainly because there are no good games out at the moment.

Anyway, to combat this, I went out and bought Operation Flashpoint under Goatboy's advice. I'll go install it now, me thinks.

Better turn this into a topic then. Err... something about how long you've been without playing games, or anything, really.
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:20
Fast yet, but the frame rate suffered badly when you went off the track (which I did frequently), I think you needed a ram expansion to get the most of it!
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:13
Eh?

In response to Jimmy - Sega Touring cars was amazingly fast, just a blur of polygons, but still - I've sold about 5 of them for around £10 each.

"RARE"
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
i think between consoles is the big gaps with no games and come to think of it i was bored hehe
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:04
In reply to Dan2k1

One of the worst games I ever played was "Sega Touring Cars" on the Saturn, boy was that game bad I paid £5 at cash converters for it to.

Luckily for me I got £7 for it at GameStation, I think the guy read the £2 exchange price as £7, still I was happy to get rid of it :-)

Thats how I like to reduce my games collection!
Mon 20/08/01 at 21:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Oh wow, this forum seems to be back to it's good ol' self.
Mon 20/08/01 at 21:08
Sniper wrote:
> Errr dan what are you on about?

Exactly.
Mon 20/08/01 at 21:07
Regular
Errr dan what are you on about?
Mon 20/08/01 at 21:05
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i took my n64 to gran canaria with me .... best darn holiday i ever had (gameing wise , not so much big waves etc , fuertaventura is much better !!)
Mon 20/08/01 at 21:03
"possibly impossible"
can't.....go ....on.... without.....games.....
Mon 20/08/01 at 21:03
What's a game?

Anyway, this may be not in agreance with anyone else, but personally I don't play many games anymore, I've reduced my Dreamcast game collection from 50 games to just 16! (WWTBAM? - Worst game I've played, for that reason, I cannot let it go, Virtua Tennis, Uefa Striker, THPS, THPS2, Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure, Sega Rally 2, Shenmue, Samba De Amigo, NBA2K, MSR, F355, CT2, CT, ChuChu Rocket)

I have just one GBA game - THPS2, and only one PS2 game, but right now I really cannot be fussed to play on anything other than practising on my new guitar!! I now have 2 hours experience, it's fantastic, I am not...

Right, we all spend more time doing what we feel is the most important thing at the time - being part of a community is where people generally want to be - when I had a living Dreamcast there was a great sense of community with all this online gaming business, but now Sega have abondoned it and effectively told us to do so too. I prefer too discuss anything on here - speak to people, real people - not in game characters, I want to be part of something real, not virtual, and that's why I haven't played anything for ages. Besides - it's way too hot to be playing video games!!

On holiday we played Virtua Tennis in the self catering little cottage thing, which was ok, but to be honest I'm always involved in gaming - buying and selling, playing briefly then writing a monstrous review on it, but I just don't think the sort of quality titles are out now - well maybe they are, but they're either online PC shoot 'em ups - we've had enough of those, or they're single player Capcom PS2 games, nothing to do with community anymore.

Oh well - I have to test some games now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.