GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CS 'v' Rainbow6 on xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter Strike'.
Thu 08/01/04 at 09:59
Regular
Well, what are you views, which do prefer to play and why? i ordered rainbow but then see the price crash to £17 for a new copy so i cancelled my order and paid £28 for counter strike instead. My view is that CS is pure and simple fun and a great pc port, however, it is showing its age in the visuals department! I was worried R6 3 might be a bit too slow and stealthy rather than a good fun old fashioned shoot out like CS is?
What do you guys think?
Mon 12/01/04 at 12:00
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I enjoy CS, cause its more frantic and arcadey, which is great in my eyes.

But i had a pretty decent session on RS3 with some of the SR guys last nite, all had our fair share of kills, which is great.

IMO both are great in there own ways.
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:56
Regular
Ok, I will get some gaming in from about 2:30 till 5:30 today then I'll be on tomorrow evening.
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:53
Regular
no, youre right its just 'roy dead' mate... and looks like i missed you anyways, i was on sat night (sad i know) and friday evening, didnt get on sunday as the missus was getting the hump!

i'll add you next time i get on.
Mon 12/01/04 at 09:19
Regular
I can't believe I just put 'you're' and not 'your'!

*wipes drool from mouth*
Mon 12/01/04 at 09:18
Regular
I was on Sat AM till about 12, then Sunday evening. Send me a friend invitation and I'll help you get great at the game (like me :P)

I tried adding you, but you're name can't be roy_dead - there are no underscores in usernames!
Mon 12/01/04 at 09:09
Regular
Cheers for your top responses fellas, i can now report that i spent the weekend on CS Live and it rocks - i can see what you mean about arcadey but its the more action-packed shooters that i love, quake unreal etc so i guess it makes sense.
I also agree with the comments about playing it on live - ive had no lag at all and found it very easy to find a game, there were a lot of nob-heads about though so i did have to search for a decent game, for some reason the yanks love a good party-killer....
anyway for £17 im considering buy R63 aswell!

ps didnt see you online over the weekend johnny bullett, i was looking!
Fri 09/01/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I can't really comment about CS as I've never played it, although I did chose RS3 over CS so I guess that count's for something.

:)

But yea RS3 is brilliant, I never normally go for games that rely heavily on stealth, like Metal Gear or Splinter Cell, but there's just something about RS3 that appeals to me.

It just feels good leading your team through various tasks, moving from wall to wall, and just waiting for the right moment to go in for the kill. The Zulu command is also pretty fun, it's great being able to set your men up at a door while you cover the other, then issuing a Zulu command to bust in and clear all enemies, it's brilliant.

I'd highly recommend RS3 to anyone, and I've not even had the chance to play it on LIVE yet.
Fri 09/01/04 at 17:10
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Because you won't. It might be free but you also get hackers, nerds,
> terrible functionality and many other crap things as part of the
> package.

On a broadband modem it's fine. As with Live, you'll get some serious players, some casual players, and some knobheads. You've just got to find the right ones to play with.

> With the Xbox version you just slap it in your Xbox and you're away.
> No searching around for servers, no configuring of video cards and
> other bollards.

It was simple enough for me.

> Oh and no mouse and keyboard.

The mouse and keyboard setup is one of the main arguments FOR the PC version. It MAKES Counter-Strike.
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:36
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> RS3. Why buy Counter Strike on Xbox when you can get it for next to
> nothing on PC and have a much better time playing it?
>
> Because you won't. It might be free but you also get hackers, nerds,
> terrible functionality and many other crap things as part of the
> package.
>
> With the Xbox version you just slap it in your Xbox and you're away.
> No searching around for servers, no configuring of video cards and
> other bollards.
>
> Oh and no mouse and keyboard.

Plus the xbox version has the added geeks in it to curse, for free.
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:35
Regular
:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.