GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my views on man utd's start"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/08/01 at 22:17
Regular
Yep, van Nistelrooy looks like he is the business and veron alos had a solid performance (even though he just got back from a long flight from Argentina in the week).

I think Man Utd look even stronger than they did last season. today they did look a bit dodgy at times but that was becase ferguson started the match with a few dodgy decsions.

Phil neville should never have been playing in the center of midfield, he was just a joke. this was proved when he was subbed after half an hour.

all things came together when cole replaced him and scholes dropped into midfield. which i think is his best position. only problem is how is he gonna fit into a midfield that includes the skipper roy keane and the premierships most expensive signing? could keane move into defense? the defense looked very dodgy today. Gary neville should never play in the center, he is a liability. when Wes brown is 100% fit then i think he can be stams best partner, but last season wes brown did make a fair few amount of mistakes.

I think Veron did good today playing in Keane's position. could it become permanent? it is a possibility. Keane moves into defence and scholes and veron hold the midfield. i think it is the only way to get the best out of the squad.

To sum up, i think man utd have got much better. cole linked up well with van nistelrooy and both looked sharp. i can only see things gettin better, sir alex's last season should be one to remember.
Sun 19/08/01 at 22:17
Regular
Yep, van Nistelrooy looks like he is the business and veron alos had a solid performance (even though he just got back from a long flight from Argentina in the week).

I think Man Utd look even stronger than they did last season. today they did look a bit dodgy at times but that was becase ferguson started the match with a few dodgy decsions.

Phil neville should never have been playing in the center of midfield, he was just a joke. this was proved when he was subbed after half an hour.

all things came together when cole replaced him and scholes dropped into midfield. which i think is his best position. only problem is how is he gonna fit into a midfield that includes the skipper roy keane and the premierships most expensive signing? could keane move into defense? the defense looked very dodgy today. Gary neville should never play in the center, he is a liability. when Wes brown is 100% fit then i think he can be stams best partner, but last season wes brown did make a fair few amount of mistakes.

I think Veron did good today playing in Keane's position. could it become permanent? it is a possibility. Keane moves into defence and scholes and veron hold the midfield. i think it is the only way to get the best out of the squad.

To sum up, i think man utd have got much better. cole linked up well with van nistelrooy and both looked sharp. i can only see things gettin better, sir alex's last season should be one to remember.
Sun 19/08/01 at 22:27
Regular
Why doesn't Fergie play 3-5-2.

The three centre backs should be G.Neville/Stam/Brown
The two wing backs should be Giggs/Beckham
The three central midfielders should be Scholes/Keane/Veron
The two strikers should be Yorke/van Nistelrooy

Why doesn't Fergie play this system?

I think Giggy and Becks would make excellent wing backs - both are very good defensively. They are strong runners and very fit. Perfect for the wing back position.
Sun 19/08/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Man.u Did a solid performance today. Phil neville was a joke. I think he is Cr@p

Van looks like he was worth his price tag but hew boys fulham look good. They moght get in the top 7? They look good.
Sun 19/08/01 at 22:41
Regular
i think you are right about the 3-5-2 idea. it could be good. In todays match i noticed that both Beckham and Giggs both ran back to try and win the ball every single time they lost it. anywhere on the pitch, they run across from one side to the other until they got the ball.

but changing the formation now could be suicide. fergsuon has used to 4-4-2 system for ages now, and i cant see him changing it for his last season. he has won so much using 4-4-2 that i cant see him changing it.
Sun 19/08/01 at 22:44
Regular
I reckon fulham should get into the europe this season. saha was outstanding. he did the business in division one last year and was the top scorer in england wasnt he? anyway people were debating wheter or not he could repeat it in the premiership...well i think 2 goals at old trafford on your premiership debut is more than enough!
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
Credit must go to Fulham for making a game of it - They were awesome first twenty minutes or so - I think they will do really well this season!!
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:22
Regular
hey mattyboy aint seen you for ages.

a the moment i think everyone seems to be having a good start against man utd. celtic scored 2 goals in the first few minutes, liverpool did the same and then fulham also went on and did it...only difference is they lost!
Mon 20/08/01 at 01:03
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Man Utd did get off to a good start and have a good strong squad. Should do very well this season.
I would like to see more defenders though. The days of parker,Bruce, Pallister and irwin show a good line up. Stam is one of the best at the moment but I think they need someone at left and right back for the future, not sure if the Nevilles have got what it takes and Irwin hasn't got long left in him at this level. Wes Brown could do well as he is still recovering from his injury.
Mon 20/08/01 at 11:33
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Yep, van Nistelrooy looks like he is the business

Christ, I could have scored his 2nd goal!

United struggled, and but for a very dubious free kick, may never have scored at all!
Mon 20/08/01 at 13:45
Regular
yeah but u didnt did u wookie monster.

Its all about being in the right position at the right time. its all about having that eye for goal and knowing where the ball is going to be played. Yes anyone could have finsihed the chance, but thats not the point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.