GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why bother?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 22:25
Regular
No offense intended but why all these Vote me threads and posts lurking around?

Notable means someone who stands out so surely a notable would be someone who's name is thought of when thinking about the forums.

Examples Goatboy, Pb, Wookie, Your Honour etc. If I didn't mention someone's name I apologise but you get my meaning, vote for someone you know is a good member of this forum.

Umm Ssxpro, Dan2K1, Timewarp, Zeldapro or whatever his name is now.

So vote for someone who is good.

End.
Sun 19/08/01 at 02:37
Regular
Well said Seifer....

You would make a great Notable....

Although im sure there will still be people who object... Turbonutter
Sun 19/08/01 at 02:30
Turbonutter let me get things straight for you because you don't seem to have understood the whole story here and you need it explaining to you:

The members of the T.S.Q had decided to vote for me because they thought I was the best contender (That is their opinion, not because I was in the T.S.Q but because in there opinion I was the best candidate) The point of the election is to see the combined opinion of the users of the forum to see who is favourite among the users and if people vote for me, they can, it's there choice

We decided last night that the spam was getting out of control last night after you made the original complaint and we came to a conclusion that we would stop spamming because it was disrupting the forum and that the members were disrupting the forum, er-no also continued the argument so we explained to him and that we had stopped spamming. Tony came in and set the rules straight and we accpeted this

You are the only person at the moment who is still moaning about the spam even though we stopped it over 24 hours ago!! Maybe you should read the rules of the forums under Gameaday rules and conditions and read rule i carefully!
Sun 19/08/01 at 02:29
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Anyway, who cares?

---

I think the fact that you have typed about 7 posts on this subject underlines the fact that YOU care.....
Sun 19/08/01 at 02:27
Oh yeah, i'm sure - but to be fair, there's gonna be a lot of votes tommorrow and the situation at the moment will not be the same by the end of voting, believe me.
Regular
u killed the clan remember? it is no more.
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Lets hope so ay? Not being entirely truthful isn't the best way to decide the well-being of this site. I mean, the people who voted Seifer were people who they either knew best (Dav1d) or people who discussed it with him, and made up their mind that Seifer had all the possible makings of true Notable.

So, to be entirely truthful - Seifer wouldn't be suited to the Notable job anyway. Sorry, but I think he better wait a while before he truly earns the right to be voted.
Sun 19/08/01 at 02:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well I'm not at liberty to judge how you vote but I think there's just a little bit of comradeship going on. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone at all but you know who you are.

Anyway, who cares? It's just a title for God's sake. Being elected Notable means that people value your posts. If people are voting for you because you're in a "clan" then it's a hollow victory.
Sun 19/08/01 at 02:20
But i do believe what i wrote on the voting site - Seifer will be a very valuable poster in the future.
Sun 19/08/01 at 02:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Seifer wrote:
> For god's sake
> Turbo, we had settled it last night,

Yes, hence "were". Past tense.
Sun 19/08/01 at 02:17
Dan2K1 wrote:
I thought you
> were voting for me :(

Sorry - i was originally! I think you deserved it, but all this TSQ crap got me annoyed and i voted for Seifer instead.

Soz Dan, next time ok!! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.