GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ARE THEY FAIR WITH GAMEADAY? ALL WINNERS ENTER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 16:53
Regular
If you've won gameaday it must be a great feeling. To have beaten everyone else. But being honest here and sticking to the subject please tell me do you think your's deserved to win?

I look at the winners page everyday as I enter cheats,reviews and opinion. So when I see the winners I am some-what disappointed and then I have a look to see how they won so I can improve next time. And I look at there's and think there rubbish and how did they win.

So is it just me or do you agree?
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:53
Regular
If you've won gameaday it must be a great feeling. To have beaten everyone else. But being honest here and sticking to the subject please tell me do you think your's deserved to win?

I look at the winners page everyday as I enter cheats,reviews and opinion. So when I see the winners I am some-what disappointed and then I have a look to see how they won so I can improve next time. And I look at there's and think there rubbish and how did they win.

So is it just me or do you agree?
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'd say 1 in maybe 20 Gameaday and Filmaday prizes were tactically awarded. (Newbie wins, newbie stays, newbie tells his mates how easy it is, more people on the forums, more customers for Special Reserve).

The other 19 out of 20 Gameaday and Filmaday winners I would say are worthy and I usually read their posts in awe, tinged perhaps with a bit of 'why didn't I think of that' jealousy.
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:58
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Dr Cahalan wrote:
> If you've won gameaday it must be a great feeling. To have beaten
> everyone else. But being honest here and sticking to the subject
> please tell me do you think your's deserved to win?

I look at the
> winners page everyday as I enter cheats,reviews and opinion. So
> when I see the winners I am some-what disappointed and then I have a
> look to see how they won so I can improve next time. And I look at
> there's and think there rubbish and how did they win.

So is it
> just me or do you agree?

I feel that way too. The last time I won was in January ( 2nd time )
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:59
Regular
I use tactic, I type up my reviews on Word then save them. I would them stay up till about 11pm on the internet, if not many people have netered reviews I will enter mine if many have, I save them for another day.
Sat 18/08/01 at 17:01
Regular
"<];o)"
I may not be a GAD winner, on this or my other accounts, but I can say that the GAD winning posts that I read are well worthy of GAD. Some are not *cough* FMs latest *cough* but most of them truely deserve their wins.

(;o|
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Im not too sure about this. I usually find that the winning posts are a good read and well written. On the other hand, how many people pick the winner as what one person finds the best others may not. Its all down to what you personally find better to read. I supose its up to SR who they pick and we can't argue with that.
Also some people are naturally better writers and have better imaginations, surely they have an advantage.
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I'd say 1 in maybe 20 Gameaday and Filmaday prizes were tactically
> awarded. (Newbie wins, newbie stays, newbie tells his mates how
> easy it is, more people on the forums, more customers for Special
> Reserve).

The other 19 out of 20 Gameaday and Filmaday winners I
> would say are worthy and I usually read their posts in awe, tinged
> perhaps with a bit of 'why didn't I think of that' jealousy.

I actually agree on these terms as I have been a member 5 days and I won filmaday. And mine probally didn't derserve to win. And when I look at the winners I do the same. So here is something else I want you all to do in this topic if you've won state your age. Because I'm curious. As if an 12 year old won and beat a 34 year old man who is the editor of a paper. Then maybe that is a bit weird.
Sat 18/08/01 at 17:03
Regular
I won yesterday, was it deserved I have no idea.

But the one from the day before mine was absolutely brilliant.

On the subject of cheats winning gameaday I am totally against, there is no originality involved in posting cheats fom other websites and/or magazines on this site, but it's Tony's Gameaday, and if he thinks it is deserved then so be it.
Sat 18/08/01 at 17:07
Regular
Why thank you Bonus. For you see that was me who won the day before with my Mission Impossible Review. I just changed my name as it was an old nickname that I got annoyed with. And I thought your idea was good and creative.
Sat 18/08/01 at 17:08
Regular
Well done. If you win you are allowed any game of your choice or dvd. So if your not 18 and they supply you with one that is therefore illegal. Shouldn't they check your age first?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.