GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ARE THEY FAIR WITH GAMEADAY? ALL WINNERS ENTER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 16:53
Regular
If you've won gameaday it must be a great feeling. To have beaten everyone else. But being honest here and sticking to the subject please tell me do you think your's deserved to win?

I look at the winners page everyday as I enter cheats,reviews and opinion. So when I see the winners I am some-what disappointed and then I have a look to see how they won so I can improve next time. And I look at there's and think there rubbish and how did they win.

So is it just me or do you agree?
Sun 19/08/01 at 16:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was always disheartened when i went for many many months without ever winning, and you know perhaps sometimes the GAD winner is not always the best post that you may have seen on that day.

However you have to release that you are not the judge, they are looking at different things to what you may feel would make a certain post a winner.

If you just stick at it, and keep improving your posts, you will also experience the feeling of being a winner.

Good luck.
Sun 19/08/01 at 16:19
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
ssxpro wrote:
> I don`t win gameaday these days. I could only ever win with a
> review, not a topic. Recently however, the reviews have been
> restricted to 4000 characters I think, so I haven`t bothered. The
> only time a topic of mine won was a fluke. Fog was just a stupid
> topic designed only to make maybe one or two people laugh, but
> obviously nobody else posted that day.

Me neither. I haven't won in 220 days.
Sun 19/08/01 at 16:04
Regular
Before anyone suggests it, that was not a sympathy attempt. Its my choice not to review games anymore.
Sun 19/08/01 at 16:03
Regular
I don`t win gameaday these days. I could only ever win with a review, not a topic. Recently however, the reviews have been restricted to 4000 characters I think, so I haven`t bothered. The only time a topic of mine won was a fluke. Fog was just a stupid topic designed only to make maybe one or two people laugh, but obviously nobody else posted that day.
Sun 19/08/01 at 14:27
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Of course they're not fair. I've only won stuff when they decided that, on that particular day, they thought my post was the best. How dare they accuse me of posting the best message on these boards and, to top it all off, shove a game or a DVD down my throat for my trouble?!?!?

This sort of recognition sickens me. I only want to be awarded a prize when there's something I don't want to pay for and not just when I happen to write a particularly good post that, in the eyes of the powers that be, stood out from the others made on that day.

Ooooh, I'm so angry I think I'm going to post a rant about not winning for ages....

(I haven't read much of this topic so I hope nobody has posted another ironic post like this)
Sun 19/08/01 at 10:48
"possibly impossible"
hm. GAD and FAD are pretty fair I think. But you're still getting games for free (and for enjoying yourselves too, if you do this right). ALi and several other staff members choose the winners out of ALL of the posts that day. Imagine having to read everything!

There are a lot of people on here now, creating topics and replies worthy of winning. This makes it harder to win, but helps everyone to improve their English skills and writing style and (I hope) promotes better topics on the forums for more interesting reads.

I've won a fair few times now, but I am 29 and that perhaps gives me a slight advantage. I think Ali and the guys take this into account though and try to be fair in the way they award GAD and FADs. I haven't won GAD properly in ages (just the extra one, which I was so pleased to get), which is a good sign, because it means that the standard here is getting better. It doesn't bother me, as long as there's interesting stuff to read and everyone I know stays on. People like Ant, Grix, FM etc all contribute to the feel of the forums, as do many of you. There are no other forums that have the same feel to this one, or that give games away every day. Feel lucky that you found this place and write for the fun of discussing the subject of games and films etc.
Sat 18/08/01 at 22:25
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I have been on this computer for 13 hours non stop and I feel great. That's a record for me.
Sat 18/08/01 at 22:23
On all the occassions Ive won I think Ive deserved to win.

However to answer the question more directly there have been a few times when I think Ive posted better topics than the gameaday winner for a day... however its rare, and when it does occur I've realised that perhaps other people thought they deserved to win more than I did when I won!

This is a view you can only get once youve won, because you can see from both the points of view (Winner and Loser!).

It must be hard to pick a winner, its an individuals decision and so others will naturally disagree with that decision on some occassions. But that doesnt mean gameaday isnt fair, it is!

Its just simply that winning isnt easy... sometimes you not only need a great post, but a bit of luck to! :-)
Sat 18/08/01 at 21:57
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Turbonutter wrote:
> (This theory would have worked yesterday *cough*)

Look at the top
> posters in the last 30 days. I'd say everyone above 50 (and a few
> below) are proper regulars. Why? Because they posts loads and are on
> here nearly every damn day. That makes them true foggers. Every one
> of their 500+ posts can't be GAD attempts!

I have won GAD 3
> times. Once was a semi-try (I think SR took pity). Once was a post
> of an experience and one was a competition. If you expect to win you
> won't. If yo don't you will. Simple.

The GAD is a mysterious
> being. If you look for it it disappears. If you turn your back it's
> there in front of you. Don't look for it, let it come to you.

It's hard but I'll try.
Sat 18/08/01 at 21:42
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
ORIGINAL POST

If you've won gameaday it must be a great feeling. To have beaten everyone else. But being honest here and sticking to the subject please tell me do you think your's deserved to win?

It is a great feeling but it is along the lines of "Woohoo, Free Game!" more than "Yes I won suckers I rule you lose"

Besides these forums and gameday are excellent. You come on here to talk and stuff which is cool but sometimes you need a game and think "Why pay for it when you can win it?"

So you write fuelled by desire to get a free game, you win and then you are happy.

Oh and I deserved to win 100% on all of my wins. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.