GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X Help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X'.
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:28
Regular
"??????"
Could someone PLEASE help me with some bits of Final Fantasy X?!

Firstly, where can I find a Tonberry?

Secondly, how do I beat Penance? (WITHOUT ZANMATO)

Thirdly, why can't I get Magic to do over 9,999 Damage, even with Break Damage Limit?

Any help would be very welcome, particularly for the secon one.
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:28
Regular
"??????"
Could someone PLEASE help me with some bits of Final Fantasy X?!

Firstly, where can I find a Tonberry?

Secondly, how do I beat Penance? (WITHOUT ZANMATO)

Thirdly, why can't I get Magic to do over 9,999 Damage, even with Break Damage Limit?

Any help would be very welcome, particularly for the secon one.
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:50
Regular
"??????"
Minor Bump.
Fri 16/01/04 at 19:23
"period drama"
Tonberrys (Tonberries?) are in the underground dungeon place off the road away from the Calm Lands (going towards the mountain - there's a path down to it.)
If I remember rightly.

They're extremely rare, but when I was getting 10 of them I worked out a little trick.
Although I can't quite remember.
You go right to the back of the cave place, and keep going on and off the teleporter thingies. I had a pattern, and fought one every few fights.
You'll have to work it out yourself.

As for Penance, I think Zanmato's probably the only way to do it.
Well, you can do it normally.
You'd need armour break on all the weapons, as well as autopheonix and ribbon most probably, and break damage limit as well. Then have everyone put their overdrives onto Wakka, and do slots (get some practise so you can get 3-3-3 every time)

That'd be the quickest way, but still would probably take near enough an hour.

As for magic, I can't remember.
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:37
Regular
"??????"
Thanks, FFF. Finally beat Penance, took me 70 mins. By the way, I'm in another dilemma:

I somehow missed the Bonus Item in Bevelle Temple, so I can't get Anima. Thus, I can't get to the final room of Remiem Temple and get the three Aeons (forgotten what they're called). Also, is it true that said Aeons take about two minutes to be summoned?
Sat 17/01/04 at 18:55
Regular
"??????"
Another Minor Bump

P.S. You think I should make a Thread specifically for FFX Help?
Sat 17/01/04 at 18:56
Regular
"??????"
Allow me to rephrase that:

Should I create a Thread where OTHER FFX Players can help EACH OTHER? Probably fail, but still...
Sat 17/01/04 at 20:33
"period drama"
No, you shouldn't.
Okay?

Surely you can go back to the other temple and get the item? I wouldn't have thought the game would be that harsh on you.
The Magus Sisters, do you mean?
They don't take that long to summon, but their best attack (with all 3 at once) - called Delta Storm or something similar - takes ages.

But, usually, by the time you've got them, your normal attacks can do more damage and much quicker, so there's not much point.
Sat 17/01/04 at 22:28
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
You can't return to Bevelle, although to be honest the Destruction Sphere is pretty hard to miss no? It's almost part of the whole Cloister.

Bevelle, unluckily, is the only temple you can't return to.

As for the others, you can return, though I wouldn't advise going to Besaid or Macalania as Dark Valefor and Dark Shiva lie in wait.

Though, if you've beaten Penance, you've beaten them. And for that, you have muchos respect from me :D
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:24
Regular
"??????"
You're right about the Special Attack, FFF! I saw it at my friend's house, and I think it took over two minutes! Thank goodness for that option to turn off the Long Aeon Sequences...
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:28
Regular
"??????"
Oh, by the way, I don't know if this is a glitch, but this happened to em a couple of hours ago:

I was fighting Ultima Weapon in the Omega Dungeon. I was thinking, "Okay, I'll use Bahamut's Mega Flare and try to get a 1-Hit kill". I pressed Left, then X to select Mega Flare...and nothing happened. A minute later, he was still standing there with his arms folded, doing nothing. Glitch?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.