GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X Help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X'.
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:28
Regular
"??????"
Could someone PLEASE help me with some bits of Final Fantasy X?!

Firstly, where can I find a Tonberry?

Secondly, how do I beat Penance? (WITHOUT ZANMATO)

Thirdly, why can't I get Magic to do over 9,999 Damage, even with Break Damage Limit?

Any help would be very welcome, particularly for the secon one.
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:30
Regular
"??????"
Agreed.
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:20
Regular
"You have a choice"
Galacticdramon wrote:
> Tell me about it, Lalakersrule...in FFX, a character ALWAYS,
> INVARIABLY says "We should go here" or "So-and-so is
> there". FFI is good for that reason.

O.K, but there are limits. When you've played all the others and you come to a game like that, you don't expect to have to think and therefore, walk around for HOURS AND HOURS CONSTANTLY, but getting absolutely nowhere. I think I would like it better if help was available, but not compulsory to take.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:23
Regular
"??????"
Tell me about it, Lalakersrule...in FFX, a character ALWAYS, INVARIABLY says "We should go here" or "So-and-so is there". FFI is good for that reason.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Lukeman wrote:
> I don't like FF1 much, just coz i can't find where to go. You dont get
> the help or directions like you do in the other FF's.

Welcome to the age of when games didn't lead you by the hand to the end and actually required you to think for yourself.
Thu 29/01/04 at 10:40
Regular
"??????"
Well no problem, I've restarted and I now have all the Aeons. After seeing Delta Attack in full, I immediately set the Aeon Sequences to Short!
Thu 29/01/04 at 10:20
Regular
"Moody DJ"
phuzzy wrote:
> Though that chest isn't the the treasure.
>
> It's the one to the far left, directly opposite the platform you go
> down to start with. The chest if forces you to open is just there to
> reveal the switch to get the pedastal to then get the 'special'
> item.
>
> If you go up there with just 1 Bevell Sphere, ye'll see.

Are you sure? I remember you needed to take a sphere up with you to get a treasure, and it was something like a Trident for Kilmahri, but when you open the chest that you're forced to open, you get the tell tale puff of smoke and glyph that suggests its the special sphere. I'm assuming they made it that way since its the only temple you can't go back to and it would be a bit unfair if you miss the treasure.
Thu 29/01/04 at 10:17
Regular
"Moody DJ"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Widge wrote:
>
> I think Square like to have the last battle nice and completable ...
> when it comes to the big challenges, its ALWAYS with the side
> monsters, usually the Weapons or whatever. Emerald and Ruby from 7,
> Ultima and Omega from 8 etc.
>
>
> True the side quest monsters are usually the hardest but i'd like a
> end boss that is actually hard to beat. This is the thing that has
> supposedly been the biggest threat to the world for the last 40-50
> odd hours of your game it should be a little bit of a challenge, not
> be so easy to beat that unless you cast petrify on your whole party
> you can't lose.

The guy at the end of FF9 was TOUGH I remember, I had all my party killed and was left with Zidane on Auto-Haste and was bezerked. I had to just set my joypad down and hope he won! Luckily, he did...
Wed 28/01/04 at 22:35
Regular
"You have a choice"
I don't like FF1 much, just coz i can't find where to go. You dont get the help or directions like you do in the other FF's.
Sat 24/01/04 at 11:13
Regular
"??????"
My FFI party is a Black Mage, a White Mage, a Monk and a Warrior.
Fri 23/01/04 at 22:57
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I actually found the battles in FF1 more challenging than ANY other FF. What four characters did you pick? I went through with a couple of black belts, a red and a black mage. As the FF series progressed, I think the games have become easier. 10 is just an interactive story (granted the depth is there if you want it). In the 1st one you fear for your party in each battle.

Personal fav. is 6 :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.