GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Tue 20/01/04 at 15:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
While it's always been certain a third incarnation was coming (it said so at the end of Burnout 2's credits), I feared the Gamecube wouldn't see it due to Acclaim abandoning the Cube last year. But now EA have bought the rights to publish the third title.

No one knows why Acclaim have sold this license, as it's probably their best. Burnout 2 was a cracking title, and the Crash mode was great fun. Checking the developer Criterion's site shows that it's not coming quite yet, they're working on other projects, but at least now when it does come, it'll come to Cube.
Sat 31/01/04 at 15:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Driv3r isn't because we all eat rusks and need bibs apparantly.

Last I heard Free Radical moved publishers so they could put TS3 on Cube! Burnout 3 should be on Cube based on previous titles etc.....no idea why they did that.

Hitman 3 is an Eidos published game, and of course nobody (well, only several million people worldwide) owns a Cube, so therefore it isn't worth it.

I have an Xbox anyway to play them, but it is infuriating when the Cube appears to be doing just as well as the Xbox.
Sat 31/01/04 at 10:03
Regular
"the burning sky"
tphi wrote:
> Criterion announced it's PS2/Xbox only.
>
> Bummer.

But i thought EA largely supported the cube... whats happenning to all the games, Hitman3, Driv3r, TS3 and Burnout3 all supposedly not coming out on the cube.
Sat 31/01/04 at 09:53
Heh, Dringo will probably go in here saying something along th lines of, "Never mind, Burnout 3 isn't a system seller anyway, we won't miss it, etc."
Fri 30/01/04 at 23:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Criterion announced it's PS2/Xbox only.

Bummer.
Wed 21/01/04 at 20:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
EA had better not ruin it.

Or AJ will go down to EA HQ and destroy them all with a large pink salmon.

Oh yes.
Wed 21/01/04 at 09:40
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Good good good news.
Tue 20/01/04 at 19:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
*prizes*
Tue 20/01/04 at 19:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
I remember!
Tue 20/01/04 at 18:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I told you this long ago.
I even was there to choose the name. It will be out in September/November.

munn is the only one who remembers.
Tue 20/01/04 at 17:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Burnout 2 is my favoruite 'serious' racer ever.

I don't count games any more serious than PGR.

It's just fantastic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.