GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My PS2 vs a piece of toast ... which is best for games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/01/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Currently, a piece of toast is winning this race due to the INTENSELY annoying 'disc read error' thing.

Sometimes games feel like loading for me when I tip it on end a bit, just HIGHLY irritating when it REFUSES to play any of the spooled movie sections from Zone Of The Enders...
Sat 31/01/04 at 22:01
Regular
"You have a choice"
my PS2 is workin OK, but 4 some reason it wont accept that I have actually got a 2nd controller plugged in. Though it mite be because i dropped some chocolate in the slot...
Sat 31/01/04 at 15:50
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I must be one of the minority then who's had their PS2 since launch
> and nothing has gone wrong with it.

You're not alone. My launch PS2 is also still going strong.

But as I've always said, when you've sold that many more units than the competition, it seems obvious to me that faults will be more widely reported.

On the flipside, my (launch) Xbox is on its 2nd hard drive, and has recently started giving me the 'dirty disc' error. I also noticed that it's put some lovely circles around my NFS Underground disc.

So from my perspective, who makes the shoddier machine?

It's all relative.
Mon 26/01/04 at 18:50
"cheerios"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I must be one of the minority then who's had their PS2 since launch
> and nothing has gone wrong with it.

Ay, me too, but I'm not jinxing it... Oh damn it :(
Mon 26/01/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Moody DJ"
DiG wrote:
> You just need to look after your PS2 and it will be fine, mine is.
> Just stop throwing it agaist the wall when another crap game comes
> out for it

But 'PS2 Launching' is my FAVOURITE game, what am I going to otherwise? You're not seriously suggesting I do something drastic like leave my house!?
Sat 24/01/04 at 22:38
Regular
": ("
I agree with Edgy athough i have a PS2. I actually have a fact about this error thingy, the error normally happens after about 2 years but the good thing is that it only affects consoles with a certain module number. I found this out on google.com but aint gotta clue what i typed in , sorry!
Sat 24/01/04 at 21:59
Regular
DiG wrote:
> You just need to look after your PS2 and it will be fine, mine is.
> Just stop throwing it agaist the wall when another crap game comes
> out for it

Well my brother's PS2 was well looked after - I don't think one bit of dust ever even entered the vents and not a single game got scratched.

You see, the fault is mechanical, not through accidental damage.
Sat 24/01/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
You just need to look after your PS2 and it will be fine, mine is. Just stop throwing it agaist the wall when another crap game comes out for it
Sat 24/01/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Thankyou :)

*Feels better*
Sat 24/01/04 at 12:54
"period drama"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> So if you strap a block of butter to your cat's back and drop it from
> a height, will it hover a few inches above the ground spinning round
> and round?

AHAHAHHAHAHHA
AHHHAAAAAA
Ahaha
Ahah
Aha
ha.

That's amazing.
You're a comedy genius.

Okay?
Sat 24/01/04 at 08:57
Regular
I wouldn't expect to have to pay for a new console if the console isn't doing as it is intended to, without the fault being put down to accidental damage.

After all, under the trading standards act, a product is supposed to be able to do what it is designed for, for a reasonable amount of time. You would expect a videogames console to last longer than 15 months wouldn't you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.