GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My PS2 vs a piece of toast ... which is best for games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/01/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Currently, a piece of toast is winning this race due to the INTENSELY annoying 'disc read error' thing.

Sometimes games feel like loading for me when I tip it on end a bit, just HIGHLY irritating when it REFUSES to play any of the spooled movie sections from Zone Of The Enders...
Mon 26/01/04 at 18:50
"cheerios"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I must be one of the minority then who's had their PS2 since launch
> and nothing has gone wrong with it.

Ay, me too, but I'm not jinxing it... Oh damn it :(
Sat 31/01/04 at 15:50
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I must be one of the minority then who's had their PS2 since launch
> and nothing has gone wrong with it.

You're not alone. My launch PS2 is also still going strong.

But as I've always said, when you've sold that many more units than the competition, it seems obvious to me that faults will be more widely reported.

On the flipside, my (launch) Xbox is on its 2nd hard drive, and has recently started giving me the 'dirty disc' error. I also noticed that it's put some lovely circles around my NFS Underground disc.

So from my perspective, who makes the shoddier machine?

It's all relative.
Sat 31/01/04 at 22:01
Regular
"You have a choice"
my PS2 is workin OK, but 4 some reason it wont accept that I have actually got a 2nd controller plugged in. Though it mite be because i dropped some chocolate in the slot...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.