GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paper Mario"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Paper Mario'.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:30
Regular
Just remembered this existed and was wondering, any news of a solid release date?

I know we haven't even had nay screens, but it was dated for February (or sometime near there) at E3. Hopefully we could get it sooner than you may think, or at least I'm hopeful we could.

Also, I never got a chance to play the N64 original (although I ordered it), is it any good? The other two games in the trilogy are two of the best games I've ever played, so I've got high hopes for it.

Whooo! etc.
Mon 26/01/04 at 19:16
Regular
What does it play like? Is it basically the Mario idea with simplified visuals? I love the Mario series and am hoping to get something to fill in before 128 knocks around the corner. I think I will grab Pikmin and Burnout 2 soon, after I have finished Wind Waker that is.
Mon 26/01/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Paper Mario was a great game. A bit easy for my tastes, but it had some great ideas (the 'real-time' enemies and then turn based battles system works really well, see Earthbound on SNES for another great example of this) and a lot of charm. I really want a GB Player now to sample that Mario and Luigi thing that looks kinda like PM.

And I hope the GC game is a seqeul. If it's not why has it been in development so long...? Surely a simple port (graphics can't be updated THAT much, they're sposed to be made of 2D paper after all...) wouldn't take that long...
Mon 26/01/04 at 16:36
Regular
It is that amazing.

Good Old Intelligent studios.

Intelligent bunch don't ya know.
Mon 26/01/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
I have the N64 version, played through it about 4 times.
Mon 26/01/04 at 11:53
Regular
I did and a stunning game... with Gamecube graphics update this could look the dogs testicles.
Mon 26/01/04 at 11:34
Regular
How many people actually goty a chance to play it on the N64? It's a great idea.
Mon 26/01/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
So, is this new game supposed to a simple re-release on the GameCube?

Or is it more of a "Paper Mario 2"?

If it's only the first of those 2, what's the point?
You'd be better off bundling it in with a sequel, if you are content with releasing it on the GameCube, that is.

Then again, this game IS worth-it...

However, I've heard nothing on it for months, either.
Sun 25/01/04 at 21:15
Regular
The super rare N64 game Paper Mario?

Legend.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:30
Regular
Just remembered this existed and was wondering, any news of a solid release date?

I know we haven't even had nay screens, but it was dated for February (or sometime near there) at E3. Hopefully we could get it sooner than you may think, or at least I'm hopeful we could.

Also, I never got a chance to play the N64 original (although I ordered it), is it any good? The other two games in the trilogy are two of the best games I've ever played, so I've got high hopes for it.

Whooo! etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.