GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dual shock 2 problem"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/08/01 at 19:45
Regular
The rubber tops of my Dual Shock 2 pad anolog sticks have started to spin. This has happened on both of my pads and sometimes can be quite annoying when your thumb slips off on GT3 when taking a corner to suddenly carrier into a wall.
This has only started to happen though since I got GT3, so does this mean i have been over playing or pressing down on the sticks too hard. Has anyone else got this problem? and can i get them replaced?
Wed 15/08/01 at 11:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Has anyone had their L1 and R1 buttons lodge themselves behind the edge of the hole they come out of?

Its really annoying when youre playing ssx and the grab locks on, and then you pile into the floor.

My original pad did this, then i bought a second pad and took the original one back in the new ones packaging, but now another one does it occasionally too.
Wed 15/08/01 at 13:48
Triple_H wrote:
> How often do u break stuff?

about once a month. not just playstation2 though, ps1 and stuff like vcr's if im unlucky. the bald guy kind of my mate. he works at the sony centre in town
Wed 15/08/01 at 18:14
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Ok, i rang sony up today, and after about ten minutes waiting listening to the worst classical music i have ever heard there will replace it, the best thing is, i dont have to send the pad back so i have an extra pad. The broken one works so its still usable. It should arrive in about 5-6 days. Cheers Sony! :)
Wed 15/08/01 at 19:11
Regular
"You Bum!!"
So are you saying that if I phone them now and tell them that my pad isnt working, they will send me a new one for nothing.I can stock up on some pads then.How will they know that I am not lying
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:14
Regular
If you ring up every day then they will probally get suspicious, but trust me, im not lying, they do not want my faulty pad. Quote Mr James of technicle suportt
" Ok we will send you a new pad to the address you have supplied, you can either throw your old one away or keep it"

I await my new pad.
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:22
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Wow, I am going to do that tomorrow.

Tell me what was wrong with your pad and where did u fone?
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:28
Regular
The problem was that the rubbers on the anolog sticks began to spin when a little pressure was applied to them. However you might want to say something else. The number is in the back of any manual you get with a game, but here anyway:

08705 99 88 77

When you ring though be prepared to have to wait, and listen to the worst music i have ever heard, classical, no offence to any lovers of it on this forum.
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:38
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Ok cheers man.But if I say they spin they might think I am taking the p***.What exactly did u say.
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:57
Regular
The rubber spins when pressure is added and it spoils my gaming. Erm and nobody else try this as they are going to get very suspicious when lots of people ring up with the same problem, well at least until i have mine as mine is a genuin problem.
Wed 15/08/01 at 22:04
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I could just make something up as long as you are sure that noone is going to come and collect it.I ll say somethign like the stick actually broke or something like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.