GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dual shock 2 problem"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/08/01 at 19:45
Regular
The rubber tops of my Dual Shock 2 pad anolog sticks have started to spin. This has happened on both of my pads and sometimes can be quite annoying when your thumb slips off on GT3 when taking a corner to suddenly carrier into a wall.
This has only started to happen though since I got GT3, so does this mean i have been over playing or pressing down on the sticks too hard. Has anyone else got this problem? and can i get them replaced?
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:34
Triple_H wrote:
> Well of course you have to send them off.Otherwise how can you prove
> that there is something wrong with the pad??Anyway phone the number
> that is on the back of any game manual.Or just look at the
> instructions that came with your PS2.

This happened to my Dual Shock. I phoned Sony and they just replaced it and said I didn't need to send back the old pad!
So now I have two Dual Shocks, they both work, just that now sometimes player two loses 'cos of the rubber grip slipping off!
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:41
noway! you get to keep your old stuff? theres this bald guy from sony who collects my stuff when i break it.
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:49
Regular
"You Bum!!"
How often do u break stuff?
Tue 14/08/01 at 23:11
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Ye how often do you break stuff? Anyway thanks for your help. I have left it a little late to call them so i will ring them tommorow, ill let you know if i have to send them off, have them picked up or hopefully keep them as they both work still.
Wed 15/08/01 at 02:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
My original analog stick did this, but I found that was just unscrewed. I attached an electric drill to it, span it round loads and it fixed itself.
Wed 15/08/01 at 02:47
Regular
i never use the analogue, the d-pad gives much better control.

huh anyway, analogues wearing down? and once somebody said the 64s stick was cheap.
Wed 15/08/01 at 03:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
They don't wear down, he's just broken it.

How can you say the D-pad gives more control? That's nuts!
Wed 15/08/01 at 03:33
Regular
maybe it just me but i find it much easier with the d-pad. i really never use the analogue if it posilbe on most games.
Wed 15/08/01 at 08:26
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i can feel some free pads coming on
Wed 15/08/01 at 11:05
Or†ega wrote:
> i never use the analogue, the d-pad gives much better
> control.

huh anyway, analogues wearing down? and once somebody
> said the 64s stick was cheap.

The N64 stick IS cheap. The Sony analogue sticks are far superior and I'm not just saying that because I've got a PS2. I had an N64, I was a "die hard ninty" but even I have to admit, the N64 stick was complete pants. You had to be soooo careful with it not to break it.

I was REAL careful with mine, they stayed fine and then a couple of my littlte brothers friends had a go. They were only marginally less careful and PING broken!!!!

N64 pads suck!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.