GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Performance Issues"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/02/04 at 17:38
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Ok...recently I formatted my hard drive becase of all the bugs and clogged up space. However after re-installing Windows ME and Call of Duty...I noticed a severe drop in performance, most noticably on the larger areas such as Stalingrad. I have a P4 1.4Ghz, 128mb Ge Force FX 5200 and 640Mb of RAM, this should not be happening. Before I formatted my hard drive CoD worked perfectly fine and was very smooth. I have installed the latest drivers for my graphics card, however I still have a lower performance. Strangely enough.....Star Wars Galaxies works better than ever. I just seems to be effecting CoD and KOTOR. Any tips on why it might be like this. Thanks :)
Thu 12/02/04 at 09:46
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Neo Keyboard wrote:
> I'm also currently grinding my second Holo...which annoyingly is
> Tailor :(

lol why bother holo's will be useless after the jedi revamp. Oh and my xmas holo (I aint interested in becoming a jedi yet but seen what my holo was anyways) was master medic :'(
Tue 10/02/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I'm also currently grinding my second Holo...which annoyingly is Tailor :(
Mon 09/02/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
My name's Bob The Moose and I lost 3 pounds this week.
Mon 09/02/04 at 20:59
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Neo Keyboard wrote:
> I play on Starsider. My name's Minlack Lansor and I'm a Master
> Doctor!

I play on ahazi my name is Oskeosuw Ionuw I am a rifleman/master image designer :)
Sat 07/02/04 at 09:18
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I play on Starsider. My name's Minlack Lansor and I'm a Master Doctor!
Fri 06/02/04 at 01:55
"I love yo... lamp."
XP is built on the NT core, as was 2000. XP is a bit more stable. No more apps in the background, I think they run virtually all the same processes. In fact, the only real reason to go with 2000 is that it doesn't have such a bright look to it, which I hated at first but like now.
Fri 06/02/04 at 01:28
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
cookie monster wrote:
> béSSánt ©opy®ight™ wrote:
> *cough*i have it aren't i great*cough*
>
> Every man and his dog has XP pro, it really isnt an elite society.

true!!
Thu 05/02/04 at 13:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> In what way? I manage to do everything I need in 2000 without having
> my RAM eaten up and a load of background apps running for the sake of
> it.

The stabilty and range of features.
Thu 05/02/04 at 13:23
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
you play star wars galaxies???

what server
Wed 04/02/04 at 23:22
Regular
In what way? I manage to do everything I need in 2000 without having my RAM eaten up and a load of background apps running for the sake of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.