GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TONY please read *apology enclosed*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 20:51
Regular
Well here I am, MJ, back posting on the forums. I have been doing so for the last day. Some people already know this, some people don't.

The idea of this topic is too apologise for my actions yesterday. After my outburst which I won't go into, I talked to Jess (Iguana) and Grix about how I was feeling. I explained how I was sorry for what I had done, and how I was going to be very upset if I was banned.

I asked you the same day about me being banned, you said no, if I changed my tagline and got back to posting normal posts. This is exactly what I did.

I went to edit my details and changed the obscene tagline too "MJ:Newbie Hunter" which was much more appropriate. I then went to the Prime forums and posted one of my best topics ever called "Originality....why bother???". I felt much better about myself....until this morning when I tried to post. I had been banned.

I know what I did was wrong, very wrong. Many people knew that I stood a good chance of being banned as well....so did I. Being banned was not something that I liked, not being able to post really wasn't my style. I was begginning to feel very unhappy about the situation.

So I did what everyone thought I would do and started a new account, under the name St*rsailor I began to post some good topics getting positive replies, but unable to post them where they belong on the Prime forum.

To name a few there is "Multiplayer Madness", "When gaming goes too far......." and "Peripheral Vision". I feel that these have been my best contributions to the forums in a long, long time.

So I ask you Tony, can I come back as Quiksilver? If you say no I will respect your descision, if you say yes, I will be ecstatic. But what I really need is an answer.

(;o|

p.s This was going to be sent as an email, but I was unable to get your address Tony.
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:39
Regular
Never mind the bloody spelling, I want to know why I'm his hero.

Thanks for the kind words, and I can respond by saying don't worry about it.
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:33
Regular
"<];o)"
THRAVES.
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:27
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Is Grix's name pronounced G-r-i-x or G-r-i as in Prix ( Grand Prix? ) Also, no probs bout the kind words.

:O-)
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:14
Regular
"<];o)"
Thanks for the kind words Shaneo, but if you have a wander over to the FOG prime you will see the full apology.

Do you realise that you have spelt Grixs name wrong by the way? 20 letters not enough?

(;o|
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:10
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
St*rsailor aka Quicksilver aka MJSwerve, a very touching piece but a bit of me senses that it was a guilt post. Are you trying to guilt them into bringing you back? Anyway, I hope that you stay as I enjoyed hearing from you. I don't care if it was a guilt piece because it went straight to my heart. Touching stuff.
Tue 14/08/01 at 20:42
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Have we stopped doing JAT's now - are they just JA's?

How long is a JAT a JA for?

Anybody know?
Tue 14/08/01 at 19:23
Regular
"<];o)"
POP above the stupid WABBIT topics.
Tue 14/08/01 at 19:08
Regular
"<];o)"
OKay, I am not going to risk being banned and not being able to say what I have to say, so I am going to say it now.

Before I am banned again, I would like to thank a few people.

Since I joined these forums I have made some good new friends, we haven't stopped talking on the forums though, it has continued onto MSN. Talking on MSN i have got to know the sites members in their own different ways. This is why I can honestly say that if I am banned I will be very sad to not be able to talk on the forums to them.

This whole event, which ended with me being banned gave me a new outlook on the forums, I also saw the true feelings of some of the members come out. Since it all happening I have realised that underneath some peoples front, they are actually very different deep inside, much like me. It gave me new impressions of certain people who post here each day.

If I do ed up being banned again, which I am sure will happen, I wish to be able to thank a few people before I am forced to leave.

Big thank yous to the following people.

er-no:Thank you for trying to get me unbanned and for making me laugh while on the net. Sometimes reading your posts has cheered me up, probably without you realising it.

Iguana:YOu were there for me when I was down, you picked me up and got me too be more positive about what has happened and for this I thank you Jess.

Grix Thraves:Gave me advice when I was annoyed about the NRA situation and tried to make me do the right thing. Although unfortunately I went against your advice and now look what has happened. I would also like to say soprry Grix for not listening, had I listened all of this may not have happened.

Anyone else that I know on the site, most of the regulars I would also like to thank before I am forced to leave. Many of you I knw see as my friends, some of you not so much, but many of you I now call friends. Unfortunately I will now only be able to talk to you on MSN if you have it, those who don't I am never going to be able to talk to.

Well thats what I wanted to say, do your worst Snuggly (not literally).

(;o|
Tue 14/08/01 at 18:53
Regular
"<];o)"
POP for Ali.

Look, if you read this you will see what I am feeling right now, being banned hasn't been good for me.

These forums have become part of me since I first joined, but now they have been taken away from me, because of my stupid actions. I understand why I have been banned, but I wish to make a point that life time bans are a bit harsh.

I am really upset about having to pop this, you may have already seen it, if you have say so, but I feel now I have popped it I stand a very good chance of being banned on this account again. Please.....if I can't come back as Quiksilver, at least allow me to start again.

I know that this may not be possible, but I hope it is.....before you make up your mind, try to think back to when we were both newbies, you were Mr Snuggly, craih davids biggest fan, and I was MJswerve a 14 year old looking for somewhere good to talk about games. NOw I am Starsailor, banned form my favourite site, you are still Mr Snuggly, but not as I remember you.

(;o|
Tue 14/08/01 at 09:28
Regular
"<];o)"
Ha! I can post, thank the lord. Its not so much being Quiksilver anymore, its being able to post. I can post, don't know how long, but I can so I am happy for the time being.

(;o|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.