GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Is The Best Nintendo Game Ever?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/02/04 at 16:32
Regular
"Back Down"
In my personal opinion, Nintendo are fantastic. I want everyone to reply to this because i am curious wether people will choose mario, wario, metroid Prime, or anything else for that matter! Happy voting!
My favorite game is Mario 64!
Fri 13/02/04 at 12:37
Regular
"??????"
My fave is Zelda: The Wind Waker. Ocarina of Time (on GC at least) has controls which are too clunky for me.
Sun 08/02/04 at 19:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
rpgfan wrote:
> i love Final Fantasy 7 and ff9 the most

Ahahahaa.

Gotta love them newbies. :D
Sun 08/02/04 at 13:34
"period drama"
Wind Waker is a lot better in retrospect than actually playing it was.
Sun 08/02/04 at 12:53
Regular
Ocarina of time or Wind Waker me thinks.

Hard to choose though as they were both such superb games.
Sun 08/02/04 at 12:46
"period drama"
rpgfan wrote:
> i love Final Fantasy 7 and ff9 the most

"What Is The Best Nintendo Game Ever?"
Sun 08/02/04 at 12:24
Regular
My favourite game is OoT
Sun 08/02/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Back Down"
i love Final Fantasy 7 and ff9 the most
Sun 08/02/04 at 11:42
Regular
I probably agree that majora's mask was very good, if not the best zelda game. It probably did ingross me the most, but did'nt reallly feel as good as OOT, everything in OOT was good if not done to perfection, there were little things about majora's mask that did'nt quite do it for me, like only 4 dungeons, being a sprout thing and by getting all the masks the end boss is extreamely easy.

But the game design is unsurpassed, funny really because its the only one Miyamoto did'nt produce/direct (i think).
Sun 08/02/04 at 11:28
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Whether the hype spoiled it
> for you it certainly didn't for me, genius genius game.

The Wind Waker had it's merits. A brilliantly fluid control and combat system and some excellent design, but it did have it's share of let downs.

The sailing was sometimes pointless, and there was an overreliance on aspects used from previous games. The storyline didn't match up to my expectations and I just wasn't as "compelled" to play it as Ocarina of Time, perhaps because the game world wasn't quite as rich or magical as I was hoping.

OOT was virtually flawless. You're quite correct in saying that The Wind Waker improved where controlling was concerned - I don't think many can argue with that - but the thing is, Ocarina of Time had a different playing style. Look at the graphics - it was more realistic, and so the way Link moved and such was designed accordingly. You may say it is clunky, but I would have to disagree - it was still very good, if now dated.

On the whole though, Ocarina of Time was and still is the most enjoyable game I've ever played on a Nintendo system. As for Super Mario Sunshine, I personally wouldn't even consider it for Nintendo's greatest ever game...
Sun 08/02/04 at 11:13
"Uzi Lover"
power-off wrote:
> Sunshine is the best game ever.

You are joking, right?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.