GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of the WWF"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 16:53
Regular
The WWF is now in it 17th year, and in all fairness to it, that is a fair old time. BUT, can the WWF go another 17 years and beyond?

If the WWF goes on for many, many more years, will Vince McMahon still be ‘the boss’. He is about 55 now, which means he still has many years ahead of him, though Vince often steps into the ring, would we see less of that in the future? Or would someone else take over WWF? Shane O’ Mac is always a possible re-placement as is Stephanie. Whatever happens, you have to believe, WWF will always be a McMahon business.

As the federation has been around many years, a lot of ideas would have been used up. Does this mean that WWF will loose all its originality? Many storylines have been done, but can many more be accomplished in the future. Many of us have noticed that the WWF has been declining in originality. Many of the best possibly storylines have already been done. Austin and Vince has been one of the best previous, DX and the Nation, Test marriage to Stephanie which ended up as HHH marring Stephanie or the Undertaker and Mankind feuds. At the moment we are seeing the WWF/WCW Invasion angle… this cannot go on, so what will follow?

There are many superstars in the WWF today, but very few of them are young and rising ones. Many, such as the Undertaker, Rock, Austin and Triple H have been around many years. Rock wants to act in his near future, The Undertaker has been at the WWF for over 10 years… can he last much longer and Austin has many injuries that could end his career very quickly. Who in the future would replace these superstars at the top of the WWF Mountain? What about the other divisions. Titles such as the women’s, Hardcore and light heavy have been very underused as of present. Does this mean that there are not enough young and rising superstars left to take on these belts, one will hope that these belts do have a future, but you have to wonder who the next big superstar will be!

So what does the future hold for the WWF, will it continue for many more decades and still be the thriving business it is today, or will the WWF loose all popularity and become a thing of the past?

I thank your for reading,
IB.
Tue 21/08/01 at 23:07
Regular
"Back in black"
Big ol discusion topics like this.
Tue 21/08/01 at 22:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
more of what in the future.
Tue 21/08/01 at 21:56
Regular
"Back in black"
Im glad to see people have discussed this topic well, thanks guys. I'll do more in the future if I can get this kinda response.
Tue 21/08/01 at 20:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
yeah. i noticed that to.
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:24
most all the wcw wrestlers are psat wwf wrestlers. well it was like that a few years ago.
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:19
Regular
Before the Invasion storyline i think Randy Savage was in a tag team with this WCW guy, can't remenmber who though
Tue 21/08/01 at 16:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
randy savage has been in wwf for a long time. he still does something in wcw. not wrestling but some kind of buisness work.
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:02
Regular
"..."
AfroMcGuire wrote:
> some old guy. well thats obvious but idunno. i ve heard of im but
> never seen him in the ring.

Sorry, I sometimes forget that having been watching wrestling since 1986 (when I was a wee six years old :-s) that my memory goes back a lot further than most peoples...anyway Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat had a legendary battle with Randy Savage over IC title and in many ways their match at Summerslam three for that title gave birth to the style of wrestling you see on your screens today. My point is the WWf realised he was past it in about 1990 and offloaded him to WCW where he managed to wrestler a selection of guys who never won a match for about five whole years!!! Do these people not know when to retire???
Mon 20/08/01 at 20:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
some old guy. well thats obvious but idunno. i ve heard of im but never seen him in the ring.
Mon 20/08/01 at 18:09
The Cong Man wrote:

> enough, but I only said he WAS a legend, but like all legends they
> stick around too long and look terrible towards the end of the
> career. And yes I am pointing at the likes of Hulk Hogan, Randy
> Savage and Ricky Steamboat here.

whos rick steamboat? he has a funny name :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.