GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of the WWF"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 16:53
Regular
The WWF is now in it 17th year, and in all fairness to it, that is a fair old time. BUT, can the WWF go another 17 years and beyond?

If the WWF goes on for many, many more years, will Vince McMahon still be ‘the boss’. He is about 55 now, which means he still has many years ahead of him, though Vince often steps into the ring, would we see less of that in the future? Or would someone else take over WWF? Shane O’ Mac is always a possible re-placement as is Stephanie. Whatever happens, you have to believe, WWF will always be a McMahon business.

As the federation has been around many years, a lot of ideas would have been used up. Does this mean that WWF will loose all its originality? Many storylines have been done, but can many more be accomplished in the future. Many of us have noticed that the WWF has been declining in originality. Many of the best possibly storylines have already been done. Austin and Vince has been one of the best previous, DX and the Nation, Test marriage to Stephanie which ended up as HHH marring Stephanie or the Undertaker and Mankind feuds. At the moment we are seeing the WWF/WCW Invasion angle… this cannot go on, so what will follow?

There are many superstars in the WWF today, but very few of them are young and rising ones. Many, such as the Undertaker, Rock, Austin and Triple H have been around many years. Rock wants to act in his near future, The Undertaker has been at the WWF for over 10 years… can he last much longer and Austin has many injuries that could end his career very quickly. Who in the future would replace these superstars at the top of the WWF Mountain? What about the other divisions. Titles such as the women’s, Hardcore and light heavy have been very underused as of present. Does this mean that there are not enough young and rising superstars left to take on these belts, one will hope that these belts do have a future, but you have to wonder who the next big superstar will be!

So what does the future hold for the WWF, will it continue for many more decades and still be the thriving business it is today, or will the WWF loose all popularity and become a thing of the past?

I thank your for reading,
IB.
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
why does he need to turn to the bad side? after the invasion would be quite good because then we could have a new bad guy as they re all becoming good fans favs.
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:36
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Um I thought it was next year when he was leaving.

Oh well.

He needs to turn to the darkside once more methinks :D
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:31
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
bouncerboy wrote:
> The Undertaker is gonna leave in two years time.

2 more years? Oh God... I had hoped it was earlier than that.
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:26
Regular
The Undertaker is gonna leave in two years time.
Wed 22/08/01 at 16:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
undertaker has been in wwf for ages as well. he might leave soon. i think he ll get the title one more time though, before he does leave.
Wed 22/08/01 at 08:12
Regular
"..."
big_slow wrote:
> his knee braces arnt dangerous. why does he wear them anyway? and
> now why does he wear two?

He wears them to support his dodgy knees. He wore one before cos he had one knee that was dodgy. Now he wears two because the other knee went exactly the same. Just shows you how much strain a wrestler puts his body under and it wasn't even as if Stone Cold was ever really a high flier. Imagine how many braces Jeff Hardy will need to carry on wrestling when he gets to SCSA's age!!!
Tue 21/08/01 at 23:55
his knee braces arnt dangerous. why does he wear them anyway? and now why does he wear two?
Tue 21/08/01 at 23:52
Regular
"..."
Ice Blaster wrote:

Insurection.

Yeah, thats the one :)
Tue 21/08/01 at 23:19
Regular
"Back in black"
The Cong Man wrote:
> AfroMcGuire wrote:
> yeah. ive got a feelling that will happen
> to the rock.

But he won't be the next. It's already starting to
> happen to Stone Cold Steve Austin. Give it up m8 before the knees
> get worse and you look rubbish because you can't do any of your
> moves. Btw does anyone else think those knee braces he wears are a
> bit dangerous??? He nearly took the Undertaker's ear of at that last
> British Pay-Per-View (the name of which escapes me because it was
> obviously THAT memorable)

Insurection.
Tue 21/08/01 at 23:10
Regular
"..."
AfroMcGuire wrote:
> yeah. ive got a feelling that will happen to the rock.

But he won't be the next. It's already starting to happen to Stone Cold Steve Austin. Give it up m8 before the knees get worse and you look rubbish because you can't do any of your moves. Btw does anyone else think those knee braces he wears are a bit dangerous??? He nearly took the Undertaker's ear of at that last British Pay-Per-View (the name of which escapes me because it was obviously THAT memorable)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.