GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Addicted"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 11:40
Urgh i am addicted to Tetris once again, i pick the SP up and i just want to play it out of any game and i sit there for hours just playing it.
It was made in what, 1989 i think, and i still love it :D
Got to level 8 last night and it gets damn fast and hard.

You Addicted to any GBA games?
Sat 28/02/04 at 11:18
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
Im addictied to sonic games
All formats
Including the old ones like the megadrive
Fri 27/02/04 at 20:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You're telling me all the tactics I already use. :-)

I need to try this Tetris DX sometime, and then I can compare. Certainly all this 300+ lines stuff sounds a bit extreme.

180 is tremendously fast on the original, and 186 is as far as I can get before my brain and fingers give way.
Fri 27/02/04 at 09:09
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
AfroJoe wrote:
> What game are you playing?

Tetris DX. The GameBoy Color version of Tetris.

I like this version as 1. It's in colour, 2. It keeps track of your scores, amounts of lines etc
Music is a bit naff though, as it doesn't contain the originals music for some STUPID reason!

> This certainly isn't the same Tetris as mine.

I must admit I remember the original Tetris being faster, but that could be because I was a lot younger at the time. Also the trick is to master the knowledge of the button presses you'll have to make when the next peice is coming up. i.e. as your laying the bricks, know what type of brick will go where, and when that comes up as the next block, know how many times you'll have to press the buttons to rotate it, and position it.

That's the way to play at high speed. Also, another tactic for high speed play, is to build your bricks up at a slight slope. i.e. you have the black line on the right side (waiting for the long block ;) ), and you build the rest of the blocks either as flat as possible, or up at a slope to the left hand side. This allows you to do a bit of sliding of the blocks as they race down the screen and hit the others, before they set in their place.

Mastery of these techniques will lead to uber scores!

:)

p.s. Start the game on level 9! For some reason the game will actually go slightly slower than getting to level 9 from level 1! Dunno why it does that, but I noticed that since the original version and it a handy tip. Also helps you get higher scores quicker!

Thu 26/02/04 at 21:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Level 18 is funning impossible in the original Tetris, which is the best I've reached.

You must be playing some updated, slower version. :-D
Thu 26/02/04 at 21:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Cooky wrote:
> Well I just got my best ever record!
>
> 1229 lines!!!
> Score 2,862,901
>
> It max's out on the level when you reach level 30.
>
> Oooo, I've done a total of 31,435 lines now!
>
> :D

What game are you playing?

This certainly isn't the same Tetris as mine.
Thu 26/02/04 at 17:00
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
How can you call it the greatest tune of all time. That is funny. Although it is a tune, it is incredibly boring after it loops 3 times. No-one can tell me that they are still singin along to it after 1000 lines!
Tue 24/02/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well I just got my best ever record!

1229 lines!!!
Score 2,862,901

It max's out on the level when you reach level 30.

Oooo, I've done a total of 31,435 lines now!

:D
Tue 24/02/04 at 15:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
tributé wrote:
> and 523 lines?
>
> Surely that's impossible?

Yup.

If anyone says they're getting more than 250, they're talking bull.

I got to 186 last night. Was so proud of that. It goes soooooo fast.

A score of 317,000 or therabouts as well. Easily my best ever.
Mon 23/02/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Woo, I've found that old Tetris song on some old CD.

Sun 22/02/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Cooky wrote:
> Pringle28 wrote:
> That tune is actually the greatest gameing tune of all time. better
> than
> any zelda, mario or donky cong tune! Imagine if it was played by a
> huge orchestra or turned into an actual pop record!
>
> It has been played by a hugh orchestra. I've got this track where it
> starts off with the normal tetris music, but gradually blends into a
> full orchestra. Tiss a really good track. But I lent my CD to a
> mate back home, so won't get it back till Easter! :(
>
> And for the pop record. That's been done to! Came out in the 80s
> when the original Tetris did. Wasn't too great tho. Hehe, it's on
> one of those NOW albums to! They also released a pop record of the
> Super Mario Land level 1 music to. That was a bit of a dodgy blend
> of Mario music and rap...
>
> :)

Yes but no one knows that it is secretly becoming the national amthem of every country in the world and its plan to warp the human mind and take over the universe. Thats what area 51 is all about. The tetris tune crash landed on earth and america has tried their upmost to keep it under raps.However, now it is growing more powerfull as it uses the earths satelites to transmit itself into every stereo on the planet!

beware every time you turn on the RADIO...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.