GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Modded Xboxes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/02/04 at 15:32
Regular
So my mate got a modded xbox from a site on the internet. I'll not say which one, as
a) they are in a way in competition with SR
b) use of such consoles could be illegal (I don't know to be honest)

Anyway, it comes with a choice of HD's up to 250gig, a choice of DVD Rom drives (Samsung one is £10 extra), and a choice of mod chips.

It's all professionally done, included with your package is several emulators, such as MAME, N64 emulators and the like. Windows Media player is on it also, which allows you to play MP3's copied over from your PC.

You can copy games onto the HD and play them straight from that, drastically cutting load times. It's multi-region also, has a choice of dashboard skins (which can also be replaced by images on your PC). It plugs directly into your PC via a parallel port, and you can switch off the chip to use live if you wish. You can also watch your DVD's without a remote (something that should have been available with the standard box)

This may be the norm - I don't have much experience with modded boxes, but I just wanted to say it is all very professional looking indeed. The menus you use to navigate between your games, applications and music is very polished and asthetically excellent. It almost feels as though Microsoft themselves did it. It begs the question - why haven't they done it? It lets you see the true potential of the console, and when you look at what you get with the standard package, it's not a whole lot in comparison.

Sure, the modded one is a little more expensive, and you only get a 3 month guarantee, but surely it's worth it for all the extras you get.

As it is I'm going to upgrade myself I think when cash allows, and providing my mates doesn't explode 2 days after the guarantee runs out.

Maybe this is a taster of what microsoft have planned with the XBOX2? I surely hope so.
Mon 16/02/04 at 10:11
Regular
It's not all that if you can't get on Live with it.
Mon 16/02/04 at 10:11
Regular
The middle one was better.
Mon 16/02/04 at 13:48
Regular
El Robin, an answer?
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:23
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> EL ® ö B ì Ñ, I want to send you an email,
> please send a blank message to [email protected] and I'll reply.
>
> Cheers

Done.
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:24
Edgy wrote:
> El Robin, an answer?

To what, the looking after disks thing?

Still dont know what you mean.
Do i put them in cases?

If so then yes.
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:25
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Edgy wrote:
> El Robin, an answer?

He must do if were thinking along the same lines.
Mon 16/02/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Remember me?"
I feel the need to contribute something to this discussion, so I will.

*clears throat*

Boobs.
Mon 16/02/04 at 18:19
Albino-Man wrote:
> I feel the need to contribute something to this discussion, so I
> will.
>
> *clears throat*
>
> Boobs.

LMAO.
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:31
Regular
So you'll agree with me, El Robin, that your games will not get scratched if you look after them, keep them in their cases, and not use them as coasters then?
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:50
Regular
"All about the Beats"
He has too many backups, and not enough coffee mugs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.