GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got Perfect Dark..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Tue 17/02/04 at 17:05
Regular
Have to say, it's brilliant. I missed it when it first came out (due to me having zero money) but just recently I picked it up on eBay, fully boxed and complete, for £15.

Better than almost every game out on the three current console, and really does put Halo to shame in every respect, except maybe graphically. In comparison, the almighty "best FPS ever" is a compelte and utter joke.

Just got past the first few level and activated the slo-mo cheat for some fun, blasting guards faces to pieces, Matrix-stylee. Like on any FPS, the handgun is the best and perfect for stealthy action.

I've also got Silicon Valley (under Tilt's recommendation, for £3) and Banjo Tooie on their way, both from eBay, so it's gonna be retro couple of weeks in the run up to Kirby's Air Ride and BG&E.

I also got EyeToy Groove today, which is surprisingly fun, despite the lack of variety and awful soundtrack.
Sat 21/02/04 at 11:27
Regular
Just got Turok and Silicon Valley, SV's great, if not a little simplistic, but Turok's really, really bad. Whoever thought up that control system must have been a complete retard. The enemy AI is so frantic yet thanks to a crappy auto-aim you can hardly ever hit the little nobs.

Yay.
Thu 19/02/04 at 11:08
Regular
We have the lieks of Doom, don't we? That's a truly amazing game and just as good, if not better, on the smallscreen. Why couldn't Perfect Dark be recreated in the same way?

To be honest, I don't see it happening myself, but it's certainly possible. And of course GBA games aren't goin to take as long as console games to make, it doesn't mean they're any less complex, does it? Advance Wars taeks just as much skill as the best PC strategy games and Golden Sun equals most console RPGs.

Yes, you can't have epic shooters with fast-paced, 100-man army battles, but who cares? Mario & Luigi for example, is one of the best games I've played in years. Did that take long to make? Probably not, but it's just as complex, epic and fulfilling as any console can be.
Thu 19/02/04 at 10:09
Regular
Compared to today's efforts, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are in a league of their own. I'm still tied between which is my favourite, at the moment Goldeneye still has that edge.
Wed 18/02/04 at 23:33
Regular
Silent-Scope wrote:
> No it isn't the best ever it's just good.

I think it's the best FPS ever as well.
Wed 18/02/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I remember playing perfect dark for the first time a year back when I bought some N64 stuff. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Sure, good for it's time but certainly not now.
Wed 18/02/04 at 18:47
Regular
No it isn't the best ever it's just good.
Wed 18/02/04 at 16:46
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
PD is the best FPS ever made because of it's variety and incredible action, suspense and thrill that the game gives you.
Wed 18/02/04 at 13:53
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> What makes you think that'll ever happen?
>
> Rare own the rights to Perfect Dark.

And are of course an official Gameboy developer... as are all of Microsoft Games Studio.

I think it'll happen because Rare authorised and personally improved Donkey Kong Country for the GBA and are doing that with Donkey Kong Country 2 as well...

I think that because Rare will have released more games for a Nintendo system by the end of this year than a Microsoft one.

I think that because porting a game is hardly the hardest thing anyone has ever done.
Wed 18/02/04 at 13:28
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> What makes you think that'll ever happen?
>
> Rare own the rights to Perfect Dark.

Yea but most of the Goldeneye team are in free radical aswell :\
Wed 18/02/04 at 13:19
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> DAMN MY FAST PC!
>
> Rar! Would UT2004 be okay on a 56k modem?

If you plan on playing online - No.

However, SP greatness should be enough until you get broadband.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.