GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X-2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X-2'.
Fri 20/02/04 at 19:09
Regular
yay, got it, its quite good aint it, the graphics have been matched over the 2 years, but overall quite good.
quite hard aswell, quite surprissed when i got killed by a fiend in zanarkand, not even a boss.
i like the costume changes, i have Yuna as black mage, and payne and rikku as their standards, what have u lot got?
dude, the plot looks good, especially after seeing the sphere from kilika port.

anyway, leave all ya thourghts here, back to spira....
Page:
Tue 02/03/04 at 19:42
"period drama"
phuzzy wrote:
> Indeed. You have to visit every place, in every chapter, to ensure
> you get everything. Harsh.
>
> Take, for example, the start of the game : I believe there's a moogle
> (turns out to be a familiar face) you can talk to and it gets you
> 0.6% or something like that. Miss it, and you've lost the perfect
> game already.

I did get that, but didn't realise what the hell it was until I went back to Luca later.
But I've already missed a perfect game by ignoring Brother instead of conforting him. Which is very gay.

I just looked on gamefaqs.
There's a stupid amount of things you can do, most of the missable.

I think I'll just work my way through the game and not look at any guides or anything, then try for the 100% second time around.
Tue 02/03/04 at 19:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Legendary Link wrote:
> when u start new game +, which stuff/things/items do u keep?

Easier to list the stuff you don't keep:

You have to level up again (start at level 1)
You lose the Treasure spheres
You lose a few key items, but not all (e.g. you keep your Al-Bhed primers).

You keep all the abilities you've learnt on the Dress Spheres (i.e. you don't have to learn them again).
You keep all your items (potions/accessories you've collected etc)
You keep all your Gil and SphereBreak Coins
You keep all your movies and music from the theatre, plus you can go straight to Luca and buy the ending CGI movies and music as well.
You keep your completion percentage (i.e. if you finish a game on 95% and start a new one, it'll show 95% complete first time you save, you only have to find that missing 5% and don't have to do all the missions you completed last time again).
It also remembers your high scores on Run The Gauntlet and sets those as your new 'Best Times to Beat' targets.
Tue 02/03/04 at 19:07
Regular
when u start new game +, which stuff/things/items do u keep?
Tue 02/03/04 at 19:05
Regular
Legendary Link wrote:

> i'm at levels 58-Yuna, 62-Payne and 65- Rikku, dunnno how the hell
> rikku got so much exp, does it have anything to do with being white
> mage?

If you've previously used the Lady Luck Dress Sphere with her and mastered it, one of it's abilities would have been Double EXP along the way.
Tue 02/03/04 at 19:01
Regular
I guess that square-enix made the game near impossible to complete without a guide so that gamers would by the guide, i have just ordered it, means that the game actually costed about 50 quid.
But then the guides are really nice, i loved the FFX 1, piggybank do a great job.

i have just beaten shiva, magnus sisters and anima, now got to jump in thing by save point in garden.
i'm at levels 58-Yuna, 62-Payne and 65- Rikku, dunnno how the hell rikku got so much exp, does it have anything to do with being white mage?
Tue 02/03/04 at 18:59
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> The freedom seems like a good idea .. but then you realise just how
> much you can miss, so easily.
> It's not very well thought-out.
> I hate games when you can miss things and never get a chance to get
> them again later.

Indeed. You have to visit every place, in every chapter, to ensure you get everything. Harsh.

Take, for example, the start of the game : I believe there's a moogle (turns out to be a familiar face) you can talk to and it gets you 0.6% or something like that. Miss it, and you've lost the perfect game already.
Tue 02/03/04 at 18:48
"period drama"
The freedom seems like a good idea .. but then you realise just how much you can miss, so easily.
It's not very well thought-out.
I hate games when you can miss things and never get a chance to get them again later.
Tue 02/03/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Balls"
calibrating the towers does not contribute to your overall completed amount. and for anyone who whats to know you have to mash X during the ending cut scene to chapter 3 when you meet the shijin person, and at the end of the game where you will have to press it to beable to meet "him"
Tue 02/03/04 at 07:34
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I don't like the sound of all the button mashing and will happily skip that. I skipped calibrating the lighting towers for this annoying reason.
Tue 02/03/04 at 05:39
Regular
At first I was annoyed with Square Enix for making the game just too damn hard to complete (100%) but then I realised that they've done it in such a way that everyone, no matter what their ability, can finish the storyline itself pretty easily (you can defeat the end bosses in one hit if you collect the correct equipment).

Then for the die hard fans they've got that dungeon beneath Bevelle that the Kinderguardians discover in Chapter 5. It's OK up to level 80, after that you've really got to use your noggin a bit so that you don't get your entire party wiped out in one hit.

The worst feature is having to press X during certain cut scenes. There's no prompting or clues for this, and the fact that you HAVE to do it to get 100% completion is just a little too obscure for my tastes. I'd have preferred another treasure hunt (like celestial weapons in FFX) instead.

I just can't fathom out the logic behind a games designer's thinking: "Hey, lets make it so that to get 100% completion the player has to press a button during a cut scene, 4 times in one instance, but we won't say WHICH cut scenes or how many times they have to do it."

I can foresee a lot of button-mashing going on during Final Fantasy XII...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.