GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need more music!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 01:25
Regular
Well it is late and I am getting tired but lets get to the point.

I love music and once I find a band I like I become addicted to them and read up on them and buy all their music.

The two bands that I love are Radiohead and Manic Street Preachers... meaning I know all history on them and have all albums and buy singles to get more of their music on the B-sides.

There are bands that I think are good and on the off chance by one or two of their albums being... U2, Green Day, Blur, Oasis, Travis, Coldplay and The Verve. etc

A few more but I can't think... well out of them I am wondering to buy more of their albums and get into them even though many have split...

Well what I am asking you is what other bands do you think I would like that I may not have discovered yet, along the way of the bands above.

All help appreciated :)
Wed 08/08/01 at 13:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Get 'Radiator' by SFA and 'Six' by Mansun. They're both great albums.
Wed 08/08/01 at 13:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ah got few MP3's of SoulWax... good stuff.

Cheers guys I'll download a few of them and then maybe get few albumns.
Wed 08/08/01 at 15:17
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Go to any site that sells music. There's a famous one named after a river.

Type in Radiohead as a search, or Manic Street Preachers.

Click on any of the results, then check for the "People who bought this also bought..." section, which will give you good ideas about what fans of Radiohead and Manic Street Preachers also like.

Failing that, just get everything you can get on Green Day.
Thu 09/08/01 at 15:42
Also the most recent Stabbing Westward CD.
Thu 09/08/01 at 15:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The Elbow album is fantastic, I listened to it twice last night.
Thu 09/08/01 at 16:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> The Elbow album is fantastic, I listened to it twice last night.

Yeah... heard few songs of it... good!
Thu 09/08/01 at 16:18
Regular
mr neil wrote:
> Go for the Strokes, Longpigs, Elbow, Soulwax, Mansun, Super Furry
> Animals.

I thought the Strokes album wasn't out for another month or so?
Thu 09/08/01 at 16:30
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
What's all this I hear about a band called The White Stripes? Apparently they are the best thing since Jimi Hendrix and punk, well, according to The Sun and The Mirror they are - if these two are on board, there's no doubting they're absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Thu 09/08/01 at 16:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The day The Sun start seriously critiquing music is the day I become virtueos and angelic.

Mo'Solid Gold are top
Sat 11/08/01 at 17:34
Have you tried Feeder?
They're a great band that do all different kinds of rock music. If you wanna know more then go to my forum under "DVD, Movie, TV and Music," it's called "Feeder - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.