GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need more music!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 01:25
Regular
Well it is late and I am getting tired but lets get to the point.

I love music and once I find a band I like I become addicted to them and read up on them and buy all their music.

The two bands that I love are Radiohead and Manic Street Preachers... meaning I know all history on them and have all albums and buy singles to get more of their music on the B-sides.

There are bands that I think are good and on the off chance by one or two of their albums being... U2, Green Day, Blur, Oasis, Travis, Coldplay and The Verve. etc

A few more but I can't think... well out of them I am wondering to buy more of their albums and get into them even though many have split...

Well what I am asking you is what other bands do you think I would like that I may not have discovered yet, along the way of the bands above.

All help appreciated :)
Wed 08/08/01 at 01:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well it is late and I am getting tired but lets get to the point.

I love music and once I find a band I like I become addicted to them and read up on them and buy all their music.

The two bands that I love are Radiohead and Manic Street Preachers... meaning I know all history on them and have all albums and buy singles to get more of their music on the B-sides.

There are bands that I think are good and on the off chance by one or two of their albums being... U2, Green Day, Blur, Oasis, Travis, Coldplay and The Verve. etc

A few more but I can't think... well out of them I am wondering to buy more of their albums and get into them even though many have split...

Well what I am asking you is what other bands do you think I would like that I may not have discovered yet, along the way of the bands above.

All help appreciated :)
Wed 08/08/01 at 01:35
You might like Turin Brakes - i've got a copy of their album and it's quite good...
Wed 08/08/01 at 01:42
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Try Mull Historical Society - may not be quite your taste, but not far off. Probably the breaking British band I'm most excited about at the moment.

Or how about delving into some other back catalogue bands?
Nirvana? Would seem to fit in perfectly, my favourite of their albums being Unplugged. Smashing Pumpkins maybe another good one to try - I'd say go for the simply genius Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness - would seem to fit in nicely with your tastes.
Wed 08/08/01 at 01:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've heard Mull etc... and they were good.

I just don't like Nirvana... simple as that :D. I've listened too many borrowed albums and I can't get it.

I quite like the Beta Band song :)

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 and Butterfly shaped bullet or whatever are good, might try them.

I like the new Turin Brakes single
Wed 08/08/01 at 02:08
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Weezer? Got Say It Ain't So and The Sweater Song on the playlist at the moment, cracking tracks, simply never get tired of them.

Heard Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins? Totaly brillance, get on Audio Galaxy now and thank me later.

What about some real back catelogue stuff. Listened to any of The Who? Boot up Audio Galaxy and keep an eye out for their classic My Generation. After lovin' that go for The Strokes, The Seeker and Magic Bus.

Now, a bit of The Beach Boys - everybody's favourite Surfin' USA and my favourite Feel Flows.

The Beatles - anyone whos every liked any Oasis track must be into them. Pick up the White album and lock the doors.

I'm getting a tad carried away. Anyway, these are a few of my favourite tracks that may fit in with your tastes.
Wed 08/08/01 at 02:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Cheers Doc :)

I'll check them tommorrow when I am awake :D
Wed 08/08/01 at 09:25
If I like a band I am usually more interested in the artist/groups music rather than their lives but on occasion you might catch me reading up on band or artist. Some of my favoured bands are also Radiohead and The Manics although I don't buy every single I do get every album. The contradiction arises though with several bands/artists when you buy the album on the merits of the group and not the music featured on the album. For intense if I did not like Radiohead the group then I most certainly would have not bought Kid A and Amnesiac would have only been purchased on the merits of Pyramid Song.
Wed 08/08/01 at 09:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If you can get 'the three eps' by the beta band, then DO, because it is fantastic. Also listen to 'vibrate you' by King Adora - true adrenalin rush.
Wed 08/08/01 at 10:16
If you like 'easy' music, try stuff like The Screaming Trees, Chris Cornell, Tori Amos, Goo Goo Dolls or even the Foo Fighters most recent CD.
Wed 08/08/01 at 13:39
Go for the Strokes, Longpigs, Elbow, Soulwax, Mansun, Super Furry Animals.

That's a few I can see from my music collection.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.