GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Design Compo?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/08/01 at 22:47
Regular
Why not have a web design compo for the budding coders of the future? You could give them a canvas to work on and see what they come up with. It could be judged by things like browser compatability, ease of use, loading time, etc. You could even whittle entrants down and post their URLs for us to choose who the winner is. Well, what do you think?
Tue 07/08/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Why not have a web design compo for the budding coders of the future? You could give them a canvas to work on and see what they come up with. It could be judged by things like browser compatability, ease of use, loading time, etc. You could even whittle entrants down and post their URLs for us to choose who the winner is. Well, what do you think?
Tue 07/08/01 at 23:43
Regular
"How Handy."
Wicked idea, I think this would really work if SR provided us with all the information we needed for the site and some webspace to put it on. The main competetors are obvious, but it would be fun just to enter.
Wed 08/08/01 at 00:03
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I like the idea.... maybe win a Domain for life or something like that..

...cool idea though.
Wed 08/08/01 at 00:18
Regular
I think thats a really good idea too....

I think the prize would have to be a bit bigger though, because to design a website would take ages!....

Im not sure how you could modify the idea slightly but I still think it sounds pretty cool!

Any competition in this forum would liven things up a bit :)
Wed 08/08/01 at 00:27
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I like the sound of it, but I can see a major problem with the judging...everyone has different tastes, and when it comes to websites, what one person thinks about a design may not reflect that of another person. Anyone can make a site with good loading times etc, but to make the judging fair then I think you'd have to take a vote on a shortlist of sites, each member of the forum selecting their favourite.

Also, I have a nasty feeling that SR would say "put it on your Freeola webspace" to encourage more people to sign up to their ISP..
Wed 08/08/01 at 00:32
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'm all for this but I'll wait for SR's word.
Wed 08/08/01 at 00:34
Regular
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> I like the sound of it etc.....

Wouldn't the judging be the same as the banner compo?...
Wed 08/08/01 at 01:00
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
The banner compo was different - that was SR judging which ones they liked for them to use. Therefore, what they think matters, as they're the ones who use it. With this, they get nothing from the outcome, so I think that a vote would give a less biased result.
Wed 08/08/01 at 09:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Like I said originally, get SR to judge a shortlist and then let us go to the sites at our own leisure and vote for our favourite one. Anyone that's into design will probably already have their own space for uploading graphics and things. If they've already got a piece of work to showcase then they can just submit the address.
Wed 08/08/01 at 12:29
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Sounds good, I would try and enter!! I would be up against very good cometition and probably come last but I would enter!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.