GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"um...What?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Goldeneye: Rogue Agent'.
Mon 01/03/04 at 13:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6172
Fri 05/03/04 at 18:02
Regular
That was comical, I remember a PS mag at the time had a picture of it with the words "Move over Goldeneye"...

The fools.
Thu 04/03/04 at 22:41
Regular
It's a sham, and an awful one.

And it'll work.

I remember when I first got my N64.
All the Playstation owners loved Goldeneye without exception. It takes die-hard fanboyism to ignore such brilliance and casuals just don't have that sort of devotion.

They all loved to tell me that the next one, Tomorrow Never Dies was on the Playstation though, so "ha!".

:-)
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:57
Regular
Shame Eurocom didn't match it with Nightfire.
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:53
Regular
I may be looking back through rose tinted glasses, but I'll have to agree with you on that one Dringo.

It was the first time me and my mates had experienced a very playable Bond multiplayer experience that had AI-Bots implemented. It was such an interesting novelty in fact, that Goldeneye was forgotten for a brief period of time as we explored the possibilities of this new team deathmatch. Having your own henchmen was very, very cool.
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:53
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Baron Samedi bloke and Jaws were only used in the two bonus levels though. They were nowhere in the main game because they were nowhere in the Goldeneye film. If they're calling the game 'Goldeneye 2' is it beyond the realms of possibility it's NOT a remake, but a sequel. ie. A sequel to the events that happened in Goldeneye, that there's no film of so EA can use their imagination to create whatever wierd and wonderful levels they want without having to stick to a pre-set plot.

Of course, with EA at the helm, anything requiring imagination will probably turn out for the worse, and a sequel would simply reek of cash-in, using the Goldeneye name built by Rare to shift units. Sounds like EA alright...
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:06
Regular
Tomorrow never dies was third person too.

Goldeneye featured Baron Samedy and Jaws remember.

The World is Not Enough was a class game.
Thu 04/03/04 at 14:14
Regular
I was locked to the television screen after I discovered the wonderful game Goldeneye.
But then it came clear to me that EA would develop the next games about James Bond.
I tried Tomorrow never dies on the ps1, I did not like it.
I tried The world is not enough on N64 and I did not enjoy it as much as Goldeneye.
Agent under fire was not a good game either.
I have not tried Nightfire, but the reviews of the game does not speak about it as a masterpiece.
Everything or nothing is the game were Bond has changed the view.
It is supposed to be the best Bond game since Goldeneye.
But when I hear the name James Bond in a game I think about it as a FPS not a third-person action game.
I was very pleased when i first heard the news of Goldeneye 2.
But after I saw that it was EA that would make it I almost wet my pants.
And after I discovered that it was based on the bad guys like Goldfinger I was surprised and disapointed.
It was not the remake I had been hoping for all those years, but an entirely new game.
What has Goldfinger to do with the original Goldeneye game and movie?
And if he does not have anything to do with the original game, why is it named Goldeneye 2????
This is just typical EA, they use a popular name to sell the most software as possible.
We should all hope for that they dont destroy the fun and joy from the first game.
Wed 03/03/04 at 04:35
Regular
"8==="
Wed 03/03/04 at 04:34
Regular
"8==="
tphi wrote:
> The overwhelming majority of casual gamers (ie. Playstation owners :P)
> plus sales from Xbox and Cube would of course make Goldeneye 2 much
> more profitable than the Xbox exclusive PD0.. if it ever comes out.
> :)

It's apparently coming to Xbox 2.

If it's a launch title PDO should make a nice dent somewhere. If not it'll still make a pretty nice dent.
Wed 03/03/04 at 04:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
phuzzy wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> /me is still smug
>
> Twice now, and everyone has decline to comment :P...
>
> Until now! Mwhaha!

That won't change the fact I was right.

And all of you weren't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.