GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dont Believe the Hype!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/08/01 at 11:18
Regular
We are going to war!!! Console war that is, microsoft with the xbox and nintendo with the gamecube. personally I prefer the latter and at a hundred quid cheaper than the ps2 and the xbox, why not?

But seriously, Why on earth have microsoft charged such a high price for their scaled down washing machine thats about the same size as a video recorder when Bill Gates has clearly got enough money to cut down the price of his console rather than spend it all on advertising. All the advertising in the world wont sell your system if its rubbish.

Nintendo on the other hand have a different view, small cube like and gorgeous to look at and with nintendos financial backing and firm establishment in the console industry who would you place your bets on.

Let me know what all your views are but please dont criticise poor ole billy for his incompetence, he may win or lose. Either way he sure aint believing the hype.

David
Wed 08/08/01 at 02:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Console wars are good fun to argue about at night, but only on a specific topic. On tonight's menu is "Are Nintendo really childish?". I hate these general topics because if I was to write my full reply, it would take at least 5 hours to read and I just can't be bothered.
Wed 08/08/01 at 02:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I totally agree. A sad day indeed.

It's a good thing the X-Box will rock and totally dominate the gaming marketplace, or else I'd get very depressed about it all.
Tue 07/08/01 at 15:59
FantasyMeister wrote:
> There are OTHER console war threads?!?

Damn, we have failed in our mission to bring peace to the FOG, eliminating all consooe war threads. It is a sad, sad day.....

:)
Tue 07/08/01 at 15:56
Regular
There are OTHER console war threads?!?
Tue 07/08/01 at 15:55
"High polygon count"
Ooh, touchy!

You may still be a Newbie, but you've been around here a while. Surely you must have read pretty much everyone's opinions in the numerous other Console Wars threads?
Tue 07/08/01 at 15:44
I dont want to hear your comments on how the console war is a rubbish thread or how you are all waiting with sticks. What I did ask was what your thoughts are on the main companies involved. You obviously have to much time on your hands cause if its such a rubbish thread, why bother to read it or even reply to it??
Tue 07/08/01 at 14:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
WHO CARES if it's a hundred quid cheaper compare the game prices of nintendo to other console prices and their stupidly high.
Tue 07/08/01 at 13:33
Regular
*FM waves 'HELLO!' to VR*

X-Box is already winning over the Japanese, I don't see the problem there. People are thinking that the Japanese will turn away from the 'American' console and stick with Sony and Nintendo purely because they are from around their part of the world.

How does this explain why the largest Japanese telecommunications firm recently struck a deal to provide a high speed broadband network throughout areas of Japan solely so that the X-Box can be used for multiplayer online gaming?

Because the Japanese are kinda nuts about fragging each other over high bandwidth, that's why, and Microsoft have enabled them to do that in a BIG way.

It's just the Nintendo fans that Microsoft have to worry about. I think most of the Sega Dreamcast fans who haven't already given in and got a PS2 are waiting anxiously for the X-Box's arrival. The Nintendo fan base will be practically impossible for X-Box to infiltrate because Ninty's are notoriously loyal to Nintendo.

That still leaves all those PC gamers out there who are fed up with upgrading all the time. And a lot of other gamers who got disillusioned by the PS2's launch troubles and are patiently waiting to see who comes out on top.

X-Box is launched in the States in November this year, about 100 days from now, so we should start to get some quality feedback on it around that time.

We'll know a bit more then about how the 'war' is flowing.
Tue 07/08/01 at 12:57
Well, I kind of am.
Tue 07/08/01 at 12:55
"High polygon count"
Virtual Reality wrote:
> Why do I feel all regulars are ignoring me? I really wonder wh I
> came back to UKDiscussions :(.

Not ignoring you, just... well... I dunno really. Don't take it personally though!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.