GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA San Andreas Exclusive to ps2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Wed 03/03/04 at 08:05
Regular
"$Big Bucks$"
Have u heard the news???
Bloody hell i dont believe it.
What do you guys think of that.
Joe

P.S What A Bummer
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
F1 Fan wrote:
> I think this was part of the deal that enabled us to get GTA on the
> X-Box in the first place. Rockstar will still rake in millions with
> an 'exclusive' PS2 release, then when the X-Box version is released
> they will rake in even more millions.
>
> I'm a perfect example, I intend to get GTA:SA for the PS2, then when
> the X-Box version is released I will also get that.
>
> By not releasing San Andreas multi-format from the start Rockstar
> have just got double the amount of money from me, and probably a lot
> of other people as well.

Aoe wrote:
> You figure this out yet you still go along with it?
>
> *rolls eyes*

I had GTA3 and Vice City on the PS2 long before the X-Box double pack was announced. So when the double pack eventually arrived I just traded the PS2 versions for it, mainly due to the improved graphics and the custom soundtrack option.

San Andreas will be released on PS2 at least 6 months before it arrives on X-Box, and to be honest I can't be bothered waiting that long when I don't really have to. But when the X-Box version arrives I'll just do a simple part exchange if there's enough improvement.
Thu 04/03/04 at 09:09
Regular
"Selected"
Aoe wrote:

only if your daft enough to buy it twice! Thats what i didn't get about the double pack - everbody with a ps2 had played both GTA games yet when it came out on the Xbox, it shot back to the no.1 spot in the charts - everyone was buying it again!

And for what? Slightly better graphics? I'd rather wait until the NEXT game...
Thu 04/03/04 at 08:15
Regular
"\\"
F1 Fan wrote:
> I think this was part of the deal that enabled us to get GTA on the
> X-Box in the first place. Rockstar will still rake in millions with
> an 'exclusive' PS2 release, then when the X-Box version is released
> they will rake in even more millions.
>
> I'm a perfect example, I intend to get GTA:SA for the PS2, then when
> the X-Box version is released I will also get that.
>

You figure this out yet you still go along with it?

*rolls eyes*
Wed 03/03/04 at 19:06
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> C'mon, surely the PS2 has almost had its day, get with the programme
> rockstar, you idiots!

The exclusivity deal for GTA on PLaystation has been going for a quite a while now, the only reason we got the double pack is because they reworked the contract.
Wed 03/03/04 at 18:55
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think this was part of the deal that enabled us to get GTA on the X-Box in the first place. Rockstar will still rake in millions with an 'exclusive' PS2 release, then when the X-Box version is released they will rake in even more millions.

I'm a perfect example, I intend to get GTA:SA for the PS2, then when the X-Box version is released I will also get that.

By not releasing San Andreas multi-format from the start Rockstar have just got double the amount of money from me, and probably a lot of other people as well.
Wed 03/03/04 at 18:46
Regular
It doesn't make sense to release it exclusively on the PS2 - it would make sense to make it multiformat from the start.

Why, just why, would they want to release it only on an inferior (yes inferior) system, rather than making it available for everyone.

C'mon, surely the PS2 has almost had its day, get with the programme rockstar, you idiots!

I refuse to fork out good money for another poxy PS2 just to play one good game.
Wed 03/03/04 at 18:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
CuBeMaD wrote:

> Bloody hell i dont believe it.
> What do you guys think of that.

First of all, I don't believe that you don't believe it: it was always going to happen. Secondly, it doesn't bother me to be honest as I'll get the PS2 version when it's released, then whenever the X-Box version appears I'll just do a part exchange for the improved version, just like I did when the GTA double pack was released.
Wed 03/03/04 at 18:28
Regular
Might be tempted to get a PS2, then flog the ugly fecker on Ebay once I'm done with GTA. Not sure if I'd be able to get my head around that horrible controller though.
Wed 03/03/04 at 17:36
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You'll learn.

And it'll just be another expansion pack type, but only at full price.

like Vice City was the GTA3

Still, I'm justing getting into GTA, and it gets snatched away.

Oh well.
Wed 03/03/04 at 16:21
Regular
": ("
Some guy ( I cant be bothered to quote ) said it'll come out on XBOX after about a couple of months......er........i dont think so, Vice City came out December time and then came out on XBOX a year after.
If you guys are sad how d'ya think i feel, my PS2 has jus broke and my dad wont let me get a new one because he said its a scam that sony are doing, he said "There programming the old models to break so that the owners will come to sony asking to pay for a reapair", so now im getting an XBOX, its hard to change consoles, i dont know any decent games coming out on XBOX this year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.