GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA San Andreas Exclusive to ps2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Wed 03/03/04 at 08:05
Regular
"$Big Bucks$"
Have u heard the news???
Bloody hell i dont believe it.
What do you guys think of that.
Joe

P.S What A Bummer
Thu 11/03/04 at 09:33
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Jive wrote:
> I have a launch day PS2, guess what, it's still going strong, not one
> single problem.
>
> I also happen to own Vice City and hey, guess what - it's still
> working and so is my PS2.

Same here.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
What the hell do people do with their PS2s?
Tue 09/03/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Optical"
i had 2 ps2's both broke, 2 of mates had ps2's and they went too. i had to pay to get mine fixed. my xbox broke too after 17months. microsoft picked it up on the tueday i had it back on the saturday fixed for free.
Mon 08/03/04 at 20:58
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I have a launch day PS2, guess what, it's still going strong, not one single problem.

I also happen to own Vice City and hey, guess what - it's still working and so is my PS2.

I know of at least 20 people who aren't even aware of this forum and they've never had to send thier machines back for repair.
Fri 05/03/04 at 19:23
Regular
I had to send my PS2 back and pay to have it fixed. JUST after the warranty ran out.

So did everybody else I know who owns a PS2 (a lot of people). I am always hearing on this site of how people have had the same problem and it seems the majority of owners have had it.

[B]I know roughly twenty people with PlayStation 2's and not one hasn't had to send it back. Not one has had a problem BEFORE the warranty expired. Not one is not thoroughly p*ssed off about this.[B]

It's a scam. Sony did it massively in Japan, and they implemented it much more subtly over here.
Fri 05/03/04 at 18:35
"High polygon count"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Why? It's true.

So explain to me - and to many millions of others - why our launch PS2's are still working perfectly with no hint of a problem. If it were true, how did that happen?

While you're at it, you may like to explain to me why my launch XBOX is already on its 2nd hard drive, and has recently started marking my discs with a lightly scratched circle around the centre.

You see, if I apply that flawed reasoning to my own personal experience, then it is Sony who produce the higher quality hardware, and Microsoft who scam their customers by turning out inferior machines "programmed to break" so that they can charge more cash for repairs.

Maybe Wabbit would like to bring this post to his dad's attention so that he can at least form a more balanced view.
Fri 05/03/04 at 18:15
Regular
Why? It's true.
Fri 05/03/04 at 17:45
"High polygon count"
Cwazy Wabbit™ wrote:
> If you guys are sad how d'ya think i feel, my PS2 has jus broke and
> my dad wont let me get a new one because he said its a scam that sony
> are doing, he said "There programming the old models to break so
> that the owners will come to sony asking to pay for a reapair",

With all due respect... your dad is a fool if he truly believes that.
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've never had any problems with my PS2.
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:37
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
I think it shouldnt be released on the ps2 the ps2 version of vice city broke very easily and i bet allot of you have owned vice city and it has broke.

ps2 =unrealible

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.