GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RESPECT TO EVERYONE who has obtained the 'S' licence"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/08/01 at 18:23
Regular
Yep, respect to anyone who has acheived the 'S' licence without cheating.
I really wish I was one of you that has done it - instead, I am ashamed to say that I have bought the GT3 Circuit Breaker.
However, I have got 2 memory cards and one still has my previously saved game on and I have kept trying to get the licence on that game, just got the last 2 to do but MAN IT'S HARD!!!

Once again - respect to those that have it, you deserve credit cause it's bloody hard!
Mon 06/08/01 at 18:23
Yep, respect to anyone who has acheived the 'S' licence without cheating.
I really wish I was one of you that has done it - instead, I am ashamed to say that I have bought the GT3 Circuit Breaker.
However, I have got 2 memory cards and one still has my previously saved game on and I have kept trying to get the licence on that game, just got the last 2 to do but MAN IT'S HARD!!!

Once again - respect to those that have it, you deserve credit cause it's bloody hard!
Mon 06/08/01 at 19:38
I'm finding it hard just to get all gold trophies for the Domestic B license. The final exam is giving me a lot of trouble!

Darkreaper
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:23
"High polygon count"
I got all gold on the Domestic B licence, but on the others I gave up- it was just taking too long.

You do get awarded cars if you get all gold, but they're nothing that can't be won elsewhere. They *are* handy if you want to sell them and get extra cash at the start of the game though.
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:03
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I obtained the 's' licence today after a solid 6 hours... 6 hours play, all bronze though. First thing i did was try the "like the wind" race with my poly 001 car but it was not fast enough to win, that was one of my fastest cars and i only stuck with the s licence for 6 hours to win that race!
Mon 06/08/01 at 22:58
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> I got all gold on the Domestic B licence, but on the others I gave
> up- it was just taking too long.

You do get awarded cars if you
> get all gold, but they're nothing that can't be won elsewhere. They
> *are* handy if you want to sell them and get extra cash at the start
> of the game though.

I want to win the first car on the domestic licence so i can spend the 18,000 credits on parts for the car. I was also going to try to win the domestic licence A car and upgrade that instead but, like Wookiee said, the B licence is taking to long as is!

Darkreaper
Mon 06/08/01 at 23:05
Regular
The S license is Solid, and i gave up on it. But u dont really need it to get a good run at the game. I've got 1,200,000 in the bank by racing in INT A races.
Tue 07/08/01 at 09:35
"High polygon count"
ISS Pro wrote:
> I obtained the 's' licence today after a solid 6 hours...

I got all Bronze on the Special, but it only took me about 75 minutes. I found the IA licence much harder! Odd, isn't it? I suppose it depends quite a bit on your general driving style.

My mate always gets better starts than me, but I beat him 90% of the time because I'm better in the corners - I seem to have taken to the analogue buttons better, and so my braking is more gentle, leading to better cornering.
Tue 07/08/01 at 10:36
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Thanks must go to Wookiee again who helped me with a few tips on a previous post.

I finally completed my S Licence after about 10 attempts at the Monaco circuit....only with a bronze medal but hey I completed it and was jumpin round the room!

Yep, gotta agree it's hard and I'm really glad I did it without cheating!

Thanks again Wookiee :)
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:03
Regular
ISS Pro wrote:

Hey! We modest men are growing in number! There are now at least three of us that call ourselves pros! Zelda, me, and now ISS! I think your name works well though. With mine, I wanted to include SSX in it, but SSXFan sounded stupid, so I went with ssxpro. It sounds alright, as does ISS Pro. Resi Fan did the right thing. Res Pro would have been bad, but fan worked nicely. It just depends on the game I guess. No offense Zeldapro, but I can`t see how that works with an RPG. He should have gone for fan maybe (shut up ssxpro you idiot). Anyway....

> I obtained the 's' licence today after a solid 6 hours... 6 hours
> play, all bronze though.

I too have mostly bronzes. All but one in fact. (Laguna Seca with the Viper, its the only circuit I know by heart).

> First thing i did was try the "like
> the wind" race with my poly 001 car but it was not fast enough
> to win,

Try a tuned Viper. Only 78 grand, and it`ll make over 420 km/h no problem. It wins that tournament easily, and the reward is a super smooth 787B!

that was one of my fastest cars and i only stuck with the s
> licence for 6 hours to win that race!

Don`t forget the Formula GT and stuff, I think they need the S license as well.
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Thanks for the help. I have now done the like the wind race with a second Poly 001, however this had 20 bhp more than the first. I have not attempted the f1 race yet as i am polishin up amuture so it and begginner are all gold. Although i have done the first 6 of proffesional.

Also i am proud to call myself ISS Pro.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.