GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Next GTA *Question*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:25
Regular
": ("
It looks to me that the next GTA is gonna be set in a kinda cowboy-west indian scene, im probably wrong but the font of the heading "St Andreas" looks very cowboyish, does anyone have any info on where its set.And should i preorder it?
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Wakka wrote:
> I preordered it *smiles*

I think I'll wait and see a preview; at least. But at least you're first in the queue whenever it gets released. Just like me, with Driv3r.

*smiles more*

:)
:)
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
More than likely to be based in the bay of San Francisco. San Andreas is the name of the fault line on the West of the US.

Plenty of sites already have it on pre order and it is no doubt going to be a big seller this year.
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:07
Regular
"um..."
San Andreas was a level in the very first GTA the second level if I remember rightly (incidentally Vice City was the third and Liberty City the first)

I'll have to put it on and have a look now!

as to the setting:

Librty= Statue of Liberty in New York
Vice= Miami Vice 80's cop show

The Thinking Behind San Andreas would probably be along those sort of lines Though I cant think what it is other than San Francisco.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I preordered it *smiles*
Fri 05/03/04 at 07:20
Regular
": ("
Ha ha ha!
So theres loads of Gays in San Fransico?
That'll be funny, there were gays in the other GTA's, so what makes this different?
Fri 05/03/04 at 00:53
Regular
"what?"
it's more than likely that it is a san fransico set, judging by what i have seen, (which ain't much) but i see the golden gate bridge which is san fransicos national landmark. The only thing that worries me is the bridge isn't the only thing san fransico is known for, lets not forget the high population of queers that are in the area. I hope there aren't any male hookers in this version. Dear god if there is the game is going right back, or better yet i'll have to make a point to kill every single one i come acrosss. Yessss that will do very nicely.
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
And I wouldn't bother pre-ordering it just now. You never know, it could turn out to be rubbish.
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Libert City = New York

Vice City = Miami

San Andreas = San Fransisco (I would asume)
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I don't think it will be...but that would be very cool :)
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:35
"cheerios"
Cwazy Wabbit™ wrote:
> It looks to me that the next GTA is gonna be set in a kinda
> cowboy-west indian scene, im probably wrong

yes... yes you are...unless the developers have some horrible twisted minds.

> but the font of the
> heading "St Andreas" looks very cowboyish, does anyone have
> any info on where its set.

Looks more mexican/spanishy although I'm not too sure.

> And should i preorder it?

yes

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.