GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt release brought forward..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 05/03/04 at 00:28
Regular
To April 20th for both the PC and Xbox. Regardless of what people thought of it I thouroughly enjoyed Manhunt from start to finish. It has the atmosphere of a Silent Hill game mixed with some really well crafted stealth sections. Its not a game for everyone but I know I will definitley grab it on PC again when its released next month.

Still for those who may not be interested yet it will be something to get during yet another awful long summer for games with sweet fack all released on any platform.
Fri 05/03/04 at 18:12
Regular
I wouldn't get your hopes up; it really was quite poor.

Nicely presented, and it had a good idea behind it but unfortunately the gameplay hinged entirely on it's explicit graphical violence. There was a distinct lack of variety and it was overly unsatisfying. A shame.
Fri 05/03/04 at 10:04
Regular
It's a very clever game. Just incredibly controversial due to it's content.

Should look even sweeter on PC and Xbox though :)
Fri 05/03/04 at 09:56
Regular
"8==="
It's sick? Ok count me in, especially if it has elements of Splinter Cell thrown in aswell whyich, if I remember correctly, it does.
Fri 05/03/04 at 01:16
Regular
No, it was definitley sick and unlike anything I had played since the banned Thrill Kill on the PSONE which incidently was absolutlely crap. People made the mistake of thinking Manhunt was a cash in from Rockstar but it actually turned out to be a highly enjoyable and well crafted stealth game. Not for everyone but it worked for me.
Fri 05/03/04 at 01:13
Regular
"Milky Milky"
:) Is Manhunt really as "evil" as the press make out? lol...is it going to turn me into a crazed killer?
Fri 05/03/04 at 01:10
Regular
The Mega Drive was my brothers at the time and the Snez was mine. It's a long time a go for me to remember if he did have a Street Fighter game, its quite possible he did though come to think of it.

I was more of a Killer Instinct man myself, genius game!
Fri 05/03/04 at 01:06
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I owned Street Fighter 2 on the Megadrive..it was a very poor conversion though...the old MD just couldn't quite handle the graphics :(
Fri 05/03/04 at 01:03
Regular
Not sure about that, I think it stayed on the Snez only to be ported in mega collections and the like on the Saturn and even the Dreamcast in the end I believe.

The older generation of games back in the days of the Snez and Mega Drive did actually stay exclusive but the market has grown a shed load since then and money is so vital to keep these companies ticking over with the funds to hire/fire and develop games using the latest technology.

Not a bad thing on the whole but having exclusives is what sells a console and this was potentially a giant PS2 game but the PS2 has lost yet another "exclusive" title.
Fri 05/03/04 at 00:56
Regular
"Milky Milky"
True...we've seen from GTA that there is not really such a thing as an exclusive game anymore :) The first so-called exclusive game I can remember was Street Fighter 2...allegedly only to be on SNES...then a million and one ports followed...it even ended up on the Master System didn't it?
Fri 05/03/04 at 00:44
Regular
Very few games stay on one platform these days. Outside of Nintendo games and their own 3rd party developers there are only a few select companies which isolate games to one console.

A game of this nature was always going multiformat and its clear by the platforms they have chosen that they have "cash in port" on their minds. Otherwise they would have gone for the Cube. On the whole though it's not really the type of game most Nintendo gamers would get pleasure from.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.