GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt release brought forward..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 05/03/04 at 00:28
Regular
To April 20th for both the PC and Xbox. Regardless of what people thought of it I thouroughly enjoyed Manhunt from start to finish. It has the atmosphere of a Silent Hill game mixed with some really well crafted stealth sections. Its not a game for everyone but I know I will definitley grab it on PC again when its released next month.

Still for those who may not be interested yet it will be something to get during yet another awful long summer for games with sweet fack all released on any platform.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:44
Regular
I am harsh with games but GamesTM are pathetic. If the game doesn't match exactly what they are after they just slate it. Maybe they should try opening their eyes when playing certain games. 3/10? Ha!
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:43
Regular
But hey, each to their own.

I would suggest a rent first, people.

Or you could buy it off me. It's a great game, honest! ;D
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:37
Regular
The gameplay you described was exactly what I experience three hours into the game. I really put some time into that game and it provided nothing in return. Even after gamesTM's 3/10 review, I really gave it a chance.

Now I solidly agree with them.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:32
Regular
Three hours barely scrapes the surface of the game, by later on I meant 10 hours +. Anyway, its your opinion but having playde it through to completion I can recommend it to almost anyone with an open mind who is willing to give it a chance.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:21
Regular
Three hours?

A very hard game to play. Not in difficulty, just had to force myself to give it a chance. Eventually gave up and decided to trust my instincts and the review I'd read.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:11
Regular
Yes but I didn't mention a particular part. How long did you actually play it for as last time you said something about Manhunt you said you had only played it for a short while on your brothers PS2 before turning it off as you thought it was boring.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:08
Regular
You mentioned "the gameplay later on".

Haven't yet had the chance to play Splinter Cell.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:06
Regular
To which part? I never mentioned a particular point of the game. As for the repetitive, monotonous stuff, it was no different to Splinter Cell.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:04
Regular
Never got round to playing a Tenchu game.

And yes, I did get round to that part. As that was pretty much the entirity of the game. So monotonous, mechanic, dull, plodding, repetitive, boring... not an enjoyable game to say the least.
Fri 05/03/04 at 19:34
Regular
You obviously didn't play it far then. The gameplay later on was completely focused on staying in the shadows and picking the gang members off one by one with the use of stealth. Tenchu was gruesome when it came down to the stealth kills and Manhunt (minus the plastic bag) wasn't that much worse.

It certainly proved itself as one of my most played and enjoyed PS2 titles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.