GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt release brought forward..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 05/03/04 at 00:28
Regular
To April 20th for both the PC and Xbox. Regardless of what people thought of it I thouroughly enjoyed Manhunt from start to finish. It has the atmosphere of a Silent Hill game mixed with some really well crafted stealth sections. Its not a game for everyone but I know I will definitley grab it on PC again when its released next month.

Still for those who may not be interested yet it will be something to get during yet another awful long summer for games with sweet fack all released on any platform.
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I have no idea how long the undercover mode will be, if it only takes a few days then fair enough. However, I quite enjoy creating those car chase movies in the Free Ride mode, using the replay editor. There seems to be quite an improvement on that section, so even if the story only lasts a couple of days, the game will still last me much longer.
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:32
Regular
However excellent it is looking it won't take more than a few days to complete if the first two were anything to go buy. They weren't short but they can be clocked in a couple of days and a long night.
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Doesn't look of interest to me.
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:24
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Then maybe we can all go out during the summer and get some fresh air, instead of being stuck inside playing games. Now there's a thought.

:)
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:24
Regular
2 days?!?

DRIV3R is looking excellent - one of the games of the year. I'm sure we'll be playing it for more than two days.
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:10
Regular
Thats one game that most people will clock in a couple of days. Lsat time I checked the summer was a considerable amount longer.
Fri 05/03/04 at 22:08
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> Still for those who may not be interested yet it will be something to
> get during yet another awful long summer for games with sweet fack
> all released on any platform.

What about Driv3r? I've had it pre-ordered on this site since August and I think it'll be great. It's one of the three games I intend to buy this year, the others being Halo 2 and GTA:SA.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:57
Regular
Look - I gave it a fair chance and that's my opinion. I just happen to agree with gamesTM here.

You can't fob me off just because you disagree. What I think is just as valid as what you think.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:53
Regular
No, people who approach the game with blinkers and expecting a cash in come off with that opinion. Its exactly a Running Man esque, each area you enter has a main guy hunting you down as well as gang members. For the first 5 or so hours the game builds up bringing more people into it, from then on the game turns around and instead of actually waiting for you to hunt them they constantly hunt in groups to hunt you down. Some parts felt exactly like running man, especially with the special forces.

Its on a par with Splinter Cell from a gameplay perspective although I don't know what people expected from a stealth game, it wasn't trying to be anything other than a solid title and it did succeed.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:46
Regular
I think they gave a very fair representation of the game.

Manhunt is useless. It represents most of what is wrong with games today. Style over substance, being sold on extreme violence, a lack of anything remotely close to fun. The ideas are nice, and I was looking forward to a Running Man-esque game, but it really is rather poor.

3/10 is exactly what it's worth.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.