GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 isn't quite dead"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/08/01 at 23:42
Regular
Did I hear someone say the N64 is dead? Smack, Bam, Wallop, crash. I hope that knocked some sense into you. The N64 isn’t quite dead because despite the ever shrinking release list and the lack of N64 games on shop shelves the N64 does what every console does when it is about to bite the bullet, drop in price.

I won’t say where but I picked up Pokémon Snap (did I hear a giggle) for £9.99! That’s even cheaper than Special Reserve’s amazing price. Also Diddy Kong Racing I found that for £6.99 again that’s stupid and these are high street prices! I saw Conker’s Bad Fur Day for a mere £34.99 and for a game that only came out a few months ago and retailed at £60 this is a big achievement.

So do you Nintendo fans have every game you ever wanted to get? There is many a game I wish I had such as Smash Brothers, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Rocket: Robots on wheels, Pilot wings, Rogue squadron, Pokémon Stadium 2, Blast Corps, Excite bike and many, many more.

Why I never go these games?

At the time I never had the money and by the time I did the next title came around and I got that instead. Now with only 2 not yet released titles that I really want (Tony Hawks 2 and Paper Mario and if Sin and Punishment gets a UK release that as well) I might as well keep my N64 alive by buying these classics.

The N64 created many classics in its years and now it relies on these classics to get through it’s last. So whilst you consider getting that Dreamcast or Playstation 2 in order to wait for the Gamecube I ask why? To a Nintendo fan the N64 is better than both of those consoles and as far as I’m concerned unless you are a millionaire you wouldn’t of got ever last N64 smash hit and, well it’s about time you snapped them up.

Dringo
Sun 05/08/01 at 23:42
Regular
Did I hear someone say the N64 is dead? Smack, Bam, Wallop, crash. I hope that knocked some sense into you. The N64 isn’t quite dead because despite the ever shrinking release list and the lack of N64 games on shop shelves the N64 does what every console does when it is about to bite the bullet, drop in price.

I won’t say where but I picked up Pokémon Snap (did I hear a giggle) for £9.99! That’s even cheaper than Special Reserve’s amazing price. Also Diddy Kong Racing I found that for £6.99 again that’s stupid and these are high street prices! I saw Conker’s Bad Fur Day for a mere £34.99 and for a game that only came out a few months ago and retailed at £60 this is a big achievement.

So do you Nintendo fans have every game you ever wanted to get? There is many a game I wish I had such as Smash Brothers, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Rocket: Robots on wheels, Pilot wings, Rogue squadron, Pokémon Stadium 2, Blast Corps, Excite bike and many, many more.

Why I never go these games?

At the time I never had the money and by the time I did the next title came around and I got that instead. Now with only 2 not yet released titles that I really want (Tony Hawks 2 and Paper Mario and if Sin and Punishment gets a UK release that as well) I might as well keep my N64 alive by buying these classics.

The N64 created many classics in its years and now it relies on these classics to get through it’s last. So whilst you consider getting that Dreamcast or Playstation 2 in order to wait for the Gamecube I ask why? To a Nintendo fan the N64 is better than both of those consoles and as far as I’m concerned unless you are a millionaire you wouldn’t of got ever last N64 smash hit and, well it’s about time you snapped them up.

Dringo
Sun 05/08/01 at 23:46
Regular
Im still buying N64 games, theres some amazing bargains around at the moment i picked up Pokemon Stadium the other day for £5.99 frickin bargain. Im on the look out for a cheap DK64 and i wanna get Excitebike 64.
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:12
Regular
my N^4 is done and dusted. I gave it to my brother wheni got my PS2. theres no point in trying to bring back somthing that is dead. move on to better things.
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:15
Regular
I still enjoy playing on it and im not gonna go and waste my money on another console cause ive got a GBA as well and everything adds up till ive got no money left at all. Anyway there are some classic games that I still dont own, Paper Marios gettin released soon and thats lookin good.
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:21
Regular
i've got most of the new games. I did go an a litle phase of buying a load of the old "must have" titles, but in the end they just seemed boring and dated.
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:25
Regular
Nahhh the graphics might be a bit dated but i still think theres more playability in the N64s top titles than there is in a lot of the top PS2 titles. There isnt a game out there that i would say even compares too PErfect Dark, Zelda etc etc.
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:25
Regular
Erm you call it dead? Ortega i'm dissapointed, only becasue Sony and Sega fans are enjoying something new doesn't mean we can't enjoy the thing that in my mind is still alive as i am still enjoying playing it!
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I must say, Blast Corps was surprisingly good. Shame it was underrated.
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:27
Regular
Blast corps.another Rareware classic.

give it up dringo, forgot about the 64.
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:33
Regular
Nope the N64 may be dead, but im gonna keep buying the games until the gamecube. Because there are tons of games out there that arent dated as u say as i said the grahics aint anything amazing but the gameplay is just oozing out of the titles. Have u played Conkers Bad Fur Day if u call that game in anyway dated then i really do laugh at u.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.