GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UT 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2004'.
Sat 06/03/04 at 18:04
Regular
Now i know this may sound dumb but i want ut2004 and the dvd version is cheaper but im not sure what the difference is if anyy.Is it just the fact that i need a dvd rom drive(player) in my computer or is there a difference in the content of the game.Please use your pc knowledge and help a noob out.
Sun 14/03/04 at 20:13
Regular
"Touched!"
[URL]http://www.gsserver.co.uk/site/shop/products/3546430112021/[/URL] here is the special edition UT 2004, £50 though!
Sun 14/03/04 at 19:15
Regular
Yes but you do have an LEGAL Cd key.. it is illegal to give out your CD key though.
Sun 14/03/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Fruit is in da hous"
hmmm, ill have to think about it. its illegal to download thecd's off the net.
Sun 14/03/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Fruiteller wrote:
> i have a cd re-weiter and a dvd drive. my only worry is that if i get
> the 6 cd version, i would make backups of all the cds incase one
> breaks as im not very careful with my cds. but if i get the dvd
> version, i cant back it up, but it is only 1 cd. could someone tell
> me which one i should get ??

Both are the same price so depends on what you want. If you have broadband then you could get a backup of the CD version and then buy the DVD version for use.
Sun 14/03/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Fruit is in da hous"
i have a cd re-weiter and a dvd drive. my only worry is that if i get the 6 cd version, i would make backups of all the cds incase one breaks as im not very careful with my cds. but if i get the dvd version, i cant back it up, but it is only 1 cd. could someone tell me which one i should get ??
Mon 08/03/04 at 16:25
Regular
theres a cheaper version called the deluxe verison

well not cheaper , but beeter valier

£29 for dvd game, dvd video with footage on how to make levels, special version of maya 3d, and a headset and td edition box""!!!!WOWW Mar 16, cant wait

theres stil some left form ebay, therire a trusted company, u have to import it though
Sun 07/03/04 at 10:38
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I was meaning it'll take about 20 minutes in swapping time alone...
I am not looking forward to installing it.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> It's times like this I curse myself for not having bought a DVD drive.
> 6 discs? Arrrghh. That'll take a while to install...

Take the same as the DVD version I would have thought. Just that with 6 discs you need to spend time swapping. The game apparently needs 5.5Gb of free space.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
It's times like this I curse myself for not having bought a DVD drive. 6 discs? Arrrghh. That'll take a while to install...
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Der Nazi wrote:
> UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 6 Discs!!!
>
> Consider the fact that this is going to be a large game with detailed
> and comlicated graphics, and lots of stuff included.
>
> A DVD holds up to 14 Gb, whereas a CD ROM Can only hold around 700Mb
> at the maximum. And UT '03 was on 3 disks, and the original was on
> one, so the rapid increase is not very surpising. With all that
> space, DVDs seem the way forward...

DVDs can do up to about 18Gb. Basically you get single layer, dual sided, dual layer and dual layer & dual sided. The single layer and dual layer are most common. Single layer is what a blank DVD is and would be used if the data was under 4.7Gb. Most film DVDs are dual layer so hold about 9Gb. Havent seen many dual sided discs(discs with data on both sides), think a few early DVDs used them, but as you had to switch the disc over it wasnt very good. I think Armaggedden(spelling) had a dual sided version, and in the middle of an action sequence you had to take the disc out and turn it over.

DVD and CD version of UT2004 cost the same. Well it does from the online store that I ordered mine from. No difference in content, its just with 6 CDs people that have DVD drives will prefer to have one disc rather than 6. Working out the disc size based on the CDs being 700mb of data then the DVD version should be single layered as it would come to about 4.2Gb.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.