GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Graphics card?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/03/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Bicycle"
What's the best 'budget' graphics card?

(ie. -£100.)

Are the ATI RADEON 9600's good? Especially for FPS's, like Return to Castle Wolfenstien... Nothing amazing, but good for online gaming anyway.

Or are nVidia the best?
Mon 08/03/04 at 18:42
"I love yo... lamp."
For case screws it will be fine. If you were to be unscrewing bits off the motherboard then I would say not to. But we are just talking a few screws on the case.
Tue 09/03/04 at 10:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
Good good. So for installing Graphic cards and/or RAM a non-magneticially shielded screwdriver is fine.

Me happy.
Tue 09/03/04 at 16:01
Regular
"uncopyable"
damn, you don't even need a screwdriver to fit the RAM. well, unless you count taking the case off the machine.

in fact, it'll take longer to get the side of you comp, than it will to click in a couple of DIMMs.
Tue 09/03/04 at 18:48
Regular
"Bicycle"
But that's what I mean, taking off the side of the case.

How do you do that? Are there just some screws or something? (Is PC upgrade n00b)
Regular
"Bicycle"
But that's what I mean, taking off the side of the case.

How do you do that? Are there just some screws or something? (Is PC upgrade n00b)
Regular
"Bicycle"
Sorry... Page got like... Stuck.
Tue 09/03/04 at 18:50
"I love yo... lamp."
At the back of the side there will be some screws. You turn them until the they come out. Then you slide the side off.

You don't actually screw anything in really. It all slots together inside.
Tue 09/03/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well on mine the side panel sort of slots out after you, like, do something, uh yeah, but yours is most likely screwed in at the back, you just unscrew the screws and you can lift it off.
Tue 09/03/04 at 18:53
Regular
"Bicycle"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> At the back of the side there will be some screws. You turn them until
> the they come out. Then you slide the side off.
>
> You don't actually screw anything in really. It all slots together
> inside.

Yeah, I've checked out a guide to installing RAM, which is simple.

But how do you install a graphics card? I mean, I know where the slot is but do you just push it in?
Tue 09/03/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Well on mine the side panel sort of slots out after you, like, do
> something, uh yeah, but yours is most likely screwed in at the back,
> you just unscrew the screws and you can lift it off.

Great, thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.