GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Calling all NOM fans"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/08/01 at 21:14
Regular
Right all you Nom fans people have made fun or us in the past but now it's time to stand tall and get our own back . lets all say what we love (or hate 4 all u evil haters of NOM). Sure the reviews may be a little biased but iv'e been getting since issue 70 something and luv it so lets join forces and speak up 4 NOM and all the haters are going DOWN. nuf said...
Sun 05/08/01 at 08:34
Here's another collection of letters to make them hide in shame!:

1. "So people think GameCube is a terrible name. Well what about Playstation 2? Sounds like a sequal to a dirty mag for trainspotters!"

NOM: This is dark,very dark.
NOM: You is a funny man. Pass me a plaster, me sides have split.

2. "Christmas is going to be good for Nintendo. With Greystation Poo having the worst hardware shortages ever and Dreampants being not very popular, Nintedno will get the credibility it deserves. And it's all thanks to awsome games like Perfect Dar and Zelda: Majora's Mask!"

NOM: Its a bumper year for Nintendoids - REJOICE!

3. "In issue 99, I noticed a Greystation advert. HOW SAD! I would prefer a blank page or one saying RIP Greystation. If they mess with the best they will die with the rest. Remember that!"

NOM: Oh dear! Sorry!

(OH MY GOD!!)

4. "You can stick your Greystation Poo in the bin and sell Metal Gear SOlid, cos Animal Forest is coming atcha! I reckon Animal forest will be the game of the year!"

NOM: No doubt about it! You are this months wise person!
NOM: It's yet another example of Nintendo trying out cool new ideas rather than just hiding behind endless sequals!

These are just some of the terrible letters in NOM magazine!
Talk about babyish and pointless!! Why don't they give out proper information or actually answer the stupid questions properly!
Sun 05/08/01 at 08:41
Regular
"DS..."
Didn't anyone read my post!?!
slik ?_?
Sun 05/08/01 at 10:53
Regular
slik wrote:
> Ok, I for one like NOM and i have been reading it ever since i got
> an N64, i still like NOM and nothing that you say is going to change
> my views, some of you disagree and say that NOM is a pile of biased
> crap, but on the whole they are not biased, i mean so what if they
> gave south park 90% that's just their opinion, you might hate south
> park, and i agree south park is crap due to it's cartoony graphics,
> but hang on a minuite, south park IS a cartoon so the graphics are
> bound to be cartoony and crap, and that's the whole point, and it's
> not cartoony due to the fact that it's on the N64 because it's on
> the playstation as well, and the only difference between the two is
> that the N64 has superiour graphics, which doesn't exactly show or
> matter in this game, anyway, the point i am trying to make is that
> you don't have to agree with the ratings (u can if u want) because
> it's just a magazines opinion and at the end of the day, not
> everyone agrees with everyone else, and let's face it if any of you
> (or me) tried to rate a review in a magazine, people would disagree
> with us, so you can't win really! let's face it, everyone is an
> individual and every individual has their own opinion and we can't
> change that opinion, NOM isn't really trying to change our opinions,
> they are just giving thier opinions (biased or not) in order to help
> us make a choice, at the end of the day it's up to US to decide
> whether WE think that opinion is good or bad, and it is US who are
> making NOM look like biased crap or not because that's OUR
> opinion's, so really NOM are just expressing THEIR opinions and
> doing their job and we can't really blame them for that! can we?
>
slik ?_?

Dont u mean NOM are expressing opinions that there told to by Nintendo. Anyway I didnt say southpark was crap cause it had cartoony graphics theres nothing wrong with that, i said it was crap because the actual gameplay was terrible, the controls sucked it was like playing turok 2 in slow motion without any gore it was crap.
Sun 05/08/01 at 19:29
I think I'm going to have to do an unbiased view of both NOM and N64 Mag to compare each section to each and each mags pros and cons. Not only will it settle this crummy argument but it will advise people who are looking to read a Nintendo Magazine to make a formal decision. OK?
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:14
OK by me, Christos. Just make it brief, OK?
Mon 06/08/01 at 14:43
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
i never said other n64 mags were bad as they have better reviews and stuff but i just like NOM as i have read it for ages and to make others happy i will go out and buy a copy of N64 or 64 but i need to know which one is best. is one more grownup or something?
Mon 06/08/01 at 15:58
Regular
N64 Mag is a better read, its got more exclusives and they give the right scores to most games.
Mon 06/08/01 at 19:26
Regular
alright alright calm down

I bought N64 mag for one year or so, didn't touch any other mag then one day I decided to get NOM, I was so suprised I realised that N64 mag looked cheap didn't give you the right info and when they did get it right they got it about three months too slow. I have now bought NOM ever since.
How come people like this crap? also NOM is cheaper, it has more readers N64 sucks!
Mon 06/08/01 at 19:26
Regular
alright alright calm down

I bought N64 mag for one year or so, didn't touch any other mag then one day I decided to get NOM, I was so suprised I realised that N64 mag looked cheap didn't give you the right info and when they did get it right they got it about three months too slow. I have now bought NOM ever since.
How come people like this crap? also NOM is cheaper, it has more readers N64 mag sucks!
Mon 06/08/01 at 19:31
Regular
sorry made a mistake half way through posting i stopped then posted it again with an extra word in to make something sound different.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.