GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Calling all NOM fans"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/08/01 at 21:14
Regular
Right all you Nom fans people have made fun or us in the past but now it's time to stand tall and get our own back . lets all say what we love (or hate 4 all u evil haters of NOM). Sure the reviews may be a little biased but iv'e been getting since issue 70 something and luv it so lets join forces and speak up 4 NOM and all the haters are going DOWN. nuf said...
Sat 04/08/01 at 21:14
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
Right all you Nom fans people have made fun or us in the past but now it's time to stand tall and get our own back . lets all say what we love (or hate 4 all u evil haters of NOM). Sure the reviews may be a little biased but iv'e been getting since issue 70 something and luv it so lets join forces and speak up 4 NOM and all the haters are going DOWN. nuf said...
Sat 04/08/01 at 21:20
Regular
Fony Greystation sux,

I think that just about sums up NOM, it really is a terrible magazine its got maybe 2 lines a page with very big pictures. I think it preety much shows how bad the magazine is when u see 90% awarded to Southpark oh dear that game was about as much fun as stabbing yourself in the heart with a big knitting needle.
Sat 04/08/01 at 21:33
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
THATS IT im fed up of people going on about NOM i already said the reviews are biased but the rest is great i need NOM fans not haters. together NOM fans will join together and destroy haters and i will be there leader 'King cool' by the way does any one get GBX gou get a vidio with each issue plus u can get 6 issues 4 the price or a phone call great or what?
Sat 04/08/01 at 21:45
Everyone keeps moaning on whether they like NOM or not - Her'es the proof that they are soooo babyish and biased from my collection that I have stopped getting since the last issue.
Here are a few examples of letters sent to NOM and their replies! - I think you'll find them quite shocking!!!

1. "I would hate to see a trampy Sega game on the Game Boy Advance. And do you know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE RUBBISH!"

NOM: They're not all rubbish, just some of them!
NOM: Yeah, But the two of them coming together will mean more games and that can only be a good thing.

2. "I was given a GREYSTATION for Christmas and I was very disappointed with it. The games are boring and basically the same as eachother. They have no interesting story lines to set your imagination going. Metal Gear Solid is OK, but not a patch on class games like Perfect Dark or MAjora's mask."

NOM: It doesn't say a lot for GREYSTATION when their games look and play better on GameBoy Colour, like Metal Gear Solid!
NOM: GameBoy Advance should really start knocking the nails into the GREYSTATION coffin.

These are just a few from two mags I dug out of the paper shredder.

When I find more - You know where they will be - right here!
Sat 04/08/01 at 22:37
NOM can´t give a game the score it deserves because they are not independent to Nintendo. N64 Magazine is much more better.
Sat 04/08/01 at 23:47
I don't really care much for NOM anymore.
Sat 04/08/01 at 23:57
Regular
"Back in black"
Oh for god's sake, stop the stupid arguments about NOM, you call them babyish.. well look at your babish arguments. There writers of a magazine, they do their job.. if you could do any better, feel free to challange them!
Sun 05/08/01 at 01:24
Regular
bang on there ICe blaster! anyway, NOM must be shiftin quite a few copies the way they are writing the mag at the moment so they should have no reason to change their style. but £3 is a rip-off for that mag.
Sun 05/08/01 at 08:12
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i like nom a bit , because , i like the challenges and some of the compos , but thats about it , stick with n64 mag !! bigger , funny ...... BETTER !
Sun 05/08/01 at 08:30
Regular
"DS..."
Ok, I for one like NOM and i have been reading it ever since i got an N64, i still like NOM and nothing that you say is going to change my views, some of you disagree and say that NOM is a pile of biased crap, but on the whole they are not biased, i mean so what if they gave south park 90% that's just their opinion, you might hate south park, and i agree south park is crap due to it's cartoony graphics, but hang on a minuite, south park IS a cartoon so the graphics are bound to be cartoony and crap, and that's the whole point, and it's not cartoony due to the fact that it's on the N64 because it's on the playstation as well, and the only difference between the two is that the N64 has superiour graphics, which doesn't exactly show or matter in this game, anyway, the point i am trying to make is that you don't have to agree with the ratings (u can if u want) because it's just a magazines opinion and at the end of the day, not everyone agrees with everyone else, and let's face it if any of you (or me) tried to rate a review in a magazine, people would disagree with us, so you can't win really! let's face it, everyone is an individual and every individual has their own opinion and we can't change that opinion, NOM isn't really trying to change our opinions, they are just giving thier opinions (biased or not) in order to help us make a choice, at the end of the day it's up to US to decide whether WE think that opinion is good or bad, and it is US who are making NOM look like biased crap or not because that's OUR opinion's, so really NOM are just expressing THEIR opinions and doing their job and we can't really blame them for that! can we?
slik ?_?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.