GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"soldiers should get more wages than footballers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/01/10 at 10:56
Regular
"semper fi"
now i've posted this thread to complain about soldiers sacrificing their lives for thier country and foot ballers just getting about 25'000 pounds/dollars just for showing up at a football match and playing with the only threat of breaking thier leg whilst in afganistan soldiers sometimes come home in a coffin so if ur like me and think soldiers should get more wages then plz reply
Tue 02/02/10 at 11:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I've watched a fair bit of League One. It's not good I'm afraid.

But doesn't mean I don't like it still. Gotta love any football, but the sheer drop in week-to-week quality is pretty severe.
Mon 01/02/10 at 18:55
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> On an interesting note, can you imagine the league if there were
> not big wages? :S Would be watching terrible football at the top
> level.
>
> Although saying that championship players are not really on that
> much at all, and they still have pretty decent football.

Ahem...and League One :p

*When the games aren't being fixed...
Mon 01/02/10 at 16:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I assumed that was it, but it just seemed a little unreasonable comparing it that particular situation.

On an interesting note, can you imagine the league if there were not big wages? :S Would be watching terrible football at the top level.

Although saying that championship players are not really on that much at all, and they still have pretty decent football.
Mon 01/02/10 at 16:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well Emmie said that people are happy to pay to watch footballers play. I was pointing out that just because people are happy, it doesn't make it right.
Mon 01/02/10 at 16:06
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
0_o That was not really relevant. How can footballers entertaining people who are willing to pay money be the same as exploiting young workers in foreign countries?

Not trying to be difficult, that just didn't make sense to me :S

Either way I think the focus has turned to people hating footballers for earning the amount they do. Regardless of the fact that we get a slight break on how much tax we pay due to the vast amounts of money the government make off of them....(theoretically)
Mon 01/02/10 at 15:56
Regular
"How Ironic"
They get taxed? Surely not, they'll have to make the swimming pool slightly smaller than planned. And on the point of people paying to see players play, that doesn't make it right. Look at the amount of cheap clothes that are made through slave labour in poor countries. Are people alright with this? Yes because they get good prices. Is it right? Most certainly not.
Mon 01/02/10 at 14:38
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The critical point is their tax probably pays the wages....

Maybe a bit extreme but you get the point.
Mon 01/02/10 at 14:20
Regular
"THFC"
Footballers are entertainers to millions and millions of people, as long as them people are happy tp pay to enjoy watching them play, they will get paid.

I for one do not see a problem with it, as mentioned, most of them get hit with high tax, some even with Super Tax that is like 50%. So because people pay to watch them and they pay more Tax then it puts more money into the armed forces and other crucial areas.
Mon 01/02/10 at 14:07
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It didn't work for communist countries, I can't see that it would be a good idea at all here.
Mon 01/02/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> No, it's not that soldiers don't get
> enough, it's the footballers that get too much.

Probably one of the best points to come out of this discussion.

I hear of lots of servicemen having highly paid jobs (some MUCH higher than the civilian counterparts of the very same role), so it's not a poor soldier salary, it is indeed certain jobs being paid too much!

Footballers, Singers and to a more passionate extent, city bankers seem to get paid a lot more than their worth. The latter annoys me more than the privately funded footballers is the bankers that use the bailout money on their bonuses.

I'm sorry if you've worked hard and have a lot of responsibility, but a million pound bonus (which many are furious about as it's now been capped at this amount) is a huge amount of money that I am very unlikely to earn within my lifetime. I'm paying that to you as a BONUS (i.e. in addition to your extortionately high 6-7 figure sum salaries).

I understand that some roles carry more responsibility than others and that some require a lot more skill, but a standardised paypacket (or something governed and controlled sensibly) would probably make the system a whole lot more balanced. It would never work, nor even be implemented, but it would stop some members of society with paypackets on slightly smaller than their egos actually realise how valuable money is and it isn't a commodity to be taken for granted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.