GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/03/04 at 12:08
"High polygon count"
Got the latest PSW the other day, with 2 Killzone videos on the disc.

Dunno if anyone else has it, but in one of the vids, there appears to be a MASSIVE pause at one point, while a weapon is being reloaded.

Hopefully it will be sorted by the time it's released, but you'd have thought they'd have edited it out or something!
Wed 17/03/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
> Having rad the Shellshock Nam '67 preview in the new PSM I'm a
> little
> worried - basically they're saying it looks good but gameplay wise
> it
> is lacking....and it is from the same people that are doing
> Killzone.
> The problem is when OPS2M is giving stuff like Rising Sun 9/10 you
> can't trust their verdict on anything either...
>
> PSM and OPS2M are different mags, aren't they? ;)
>
> The most probable reason why all the mags (the official one
> especially) are saying that gameplay wise Shellshock is lacking and
> Killzone is the greatest thing EVA1111 is because it's published by
> Sony, whereas Shellshock won't be. All about business, see.

A few wekks ago they (OPS2M) said that they recieved no money from Sony game sales.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Meh"
Belldandy wrote:
> Having rad the Shellshock Nam '67 preview in the new PSM I'm a little
> worried - basically they're saying it looks good but gameplay wise it
> is lacking....and it is from the same people that are doing Killzone.
> The problem is when OPS2M is giving stuff like Rising Sun 9/10 you
> can't trust their verdict on anything either...

PSM and OPS2M are different mags, aren't they? ;)

The most probable reason why all the mags (the official one especially) are saying that gameplay wise Shellshock is lacking and Killzone is the greatest thing EVA1111 is because it's published by Sony, whereas Shellshock won't be. All about business, see.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:15
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Having rad the Shellshock Nam '67 preview in the new PSM I'm a little worried - basically they're saying it looks good but gameplay wise it is lacking....and it is from the same people that are doing Killzone. The problem is when OPS2M is giving stuff like Rising Sun 9/10 you can't trust their verdict on anything either...
Tue 16/03/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I enjoyed The Getaway. Wasn't really disappointed with it at all.
> Once I got used to the controls, it was great fun.

it was alright but because of the hype i expected it to be amazing.
Tue 16/03/04 at 09:20
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Killzone...well it looks good, but that can be said of just about every game there is in development now. I think it is being hyped way too much, it's not out for ages and at this rate it will never be as good as most people expect it to be. It's also, IMO, a bad idea for certain magazines to let it be known they have a playable demo of it for so long before anyone else ever gets a chance to play it. If there is some playable content Sony should give everyone the chance to have a go at it.
Tue 16/03/04 at 09:16
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I got the Getaway last Christmas free with my PS2, I thought that, whilst not perfect, it was good and nowhere near as bad. It's faults are no worse than the faults of Vice City except it tried to be more ambitious. The difficulty level is a killer but I think that is down to the fact that it's a mission driven game with less off mission activities in Vice City - where the missions are actually quite hard but you can spend an age off mission.
Tue 16/03/04 at 03:11
*BIAS ALERT*
*BIAS ALERT*
Tue 16/03/04 at 00:12
"High polygon count"
I enjoyed The Getaway. Wasn't really disappointed with it at all. Once I got used to the controls, it was great fun.
Sun 14/03/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
If it recieves too much hype then we will be disappointed with it, remember what happened to The Getaway.
Sun 14/03/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Whatever!"
Wakka wrote:
> I can't wait for Killzone. Its gonna rock! :)

I agree - From what Ive seen it looks amazing. Still have till October to iron out a few flaws. Should be good!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.