GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite gaming moments"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/08/01 at 09:32
Regular
ok whats your favourite moment in a game, is it the first time you completed metal gear solid after hours and hours or is the time you defeated a boss.
post em here !!

My favourite moment is the first time i completed res evil 1 which (off the record) is the only time i got the bad ending where Barry died (oops) hahaha well it was a long time ago!

some others are completing the NES marios and mega mans, res 2+cv,time crises but my saddest most bodasious moment was when the goverment bombed raccon city in re nemesis, aaa so many memories.

whats your favourite and saddest gaming moments?
Fri 03/08/01 at 16:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
Right, I *Think* this is right but I'm not sure. On one of the levels, the one where you first get the cape. There is secret way out of it. As soon as you get the cape fly through the rest of the level. If you need to land then do, but keep flying otherwise. You should come to a different end to the level. I think that's right, but it's been 4 years since I played Mario World.
Fri 03/08/01 at 16:57
Regular
thanks i'll give it a try next week . this weekend i'm going camping, actually in one hour
Fri 03/08/01 at 17:01
Regular
"..."
I think making Lara dive down 4 floors into the solid floor in the opera house on tomb raider 2 is always worth a laugh! Managed to miss the water pool by mistake the first time, but it was well worth it!
Fri 03/08/01 at 17:05
Regular
"You've upset me"
joe_poly wrote:
> thanks i'll give it a try next week . this weekend i'm going
> camping, actually in one hour

Have fun!
Fri 03/08/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Pulling out of that infamous hairpin on Grand Valley II and witnessing the true beauty of GT3 for the first time.
Fri 03/08/01 at 18:28
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
completing ff7 and ff8. about 120-130 hrs on each. i suppose turning the ps1 on for the first time with tekken loaded was a buzz. and my mates face was a picture. "gis a go gis a go" he said. SSX had a similar sort of effect.
Fri 03/08/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Your Honour wrote:
> Saddest was when I was on Chapter 22 of M:SR, but my memory unit
> crapped up and I had to restart!

5 months later and I'm back
> where I started.

:-(

The same thing happened to my brother. Hahahah! Oh, sorry. I feel for you, I really do! Hehe.

:)
Fri 03/08/01 at 18:39
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I remember playing Mario 64 for the first time. Damn, that was good.

And when I got Goldeneye. It was Christmas morning (God knows how many years ago now) and it was the time when I could always beat my brother. Every time (almost). Now, I can only beat him sometimes.

And Perfect Dark 4 player. Saturday. One of my friends and one of my brothers friends and we would just blow the hell out of each other for hours on end. My brothers friend had the game though and my friend didn't so when it was teams, we weren't too successful. Then, to finish the day off we would have a game of tennis. In real life! Doubles. That's when my friend and I would get a bit of payback. Then the grand finale, a wrestling match.

Ahhhh, those were the days. Now I have a Dreamcast so there are no good multiplayer moments. And the two people who would usually come round now both have Saturday jobs. Ahhhhh well....
Fri 03/08/01 at 18:42
"possibly impossible"
Playing Cosmic Kanga on the Spectrum 48k. Well,not so much the playing as actually finding out that when it said LOAD "" CHAIN, it didn't mean you had to actually type C H A I N then getting the darn thing to load.
Fri 03/08/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
pb wrote:
> Playing Cosmic Kanga on the Spectrum 48k. Well,not so much the
> playing as actually finding out that when it said LOAD ""
> CHAIN, it didn't mean you had to actually type C H A I N then
> getting the darn thing to load.

Errrrr......help? Could you please translate that into 'easy to understand language'.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.