GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2010 F1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/01/10 at 13:46
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is where I talk (to myself) about the new F1 season. The ultra long, ultra boring preview of the season written by my good self will be up around a week or 2 before the new season starts.

New season, new cars. Launches and pictures below:

Ferrari
Click Here

McLaren
Click Here

BMW Sauber
Click Here

Renault
Click Here

Mercedes
Click Here

Williams
Click Here

Toro Rosso
Click Here

Virgin Racing
Click Here

Force India
Click Here

Red Bull
Click Here

Lotus
Click Here

Hispania
Click Here
Wed 08/09/10 at 21:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, it was just a big fine for Ferrari in the end. Well, a measly fine then.

Team orders are okay in certain instances. This instance though, very wrong.
Wed 08/09/10 at 20:46
"possibly impossible"
So, Ferrari have today escaped further sanctions, lucky.

Some people are up in arms about it, dragging out the old Ferrari International Assistance quotes. But they forget that they looked at this case with as much seriousness as any other and decided on the action (or lack of) after weighing up what happened and what this could mean for Formula 1.

Now they really need to hammer out some proper rules for team orders in order to be very clear what teams are and aren't allowed to do.
Mon 02/08/10 at 15:51
Regular
"And in last place.."
Just seen the clip with Schumacher and Barichello and that was very close to having a different outcome.
Mon 02/08/10 at 15:21
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, Hungary is one of the worst races generally. The Schumacher incident was typical really and he didn't have a leg to stand on in defence because you could see him looking at Barrichello in his mirrors and still kept pushing him towards the wall. It was only when Barrichello clipped the grass that he gave him room.
Mon 02/08/10 at 09:08
"possibly impossible"
Well that race turned out to be a LOT more exciting than it could have been.

Some great fights and typical Schumacher move showing he hasn't lost the arrogance or annoying character even if he is half way down the pack.

Glad that Webber is doing well, I really think the guy deserves all the wins he can get.
Mon 26/07/10 at 18:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Not even Alonso is going to celebrate being handed a win in that manner. Schumacher didn't when it happened to him. This is Ferrari and Alonso teaming up in the hope of creating another Schumacherlike domination of F1. Massa now knows that he has no chance of winning the title at Ferrari because he is the number 2.

There is no other explanation because there is no other reason to switch Massa and Alonso around other than to help Alonso win the Drivers title.
Mon 26/07/10 at 17:04
"possibly impossible"
Grandprix wrote:
> It's because Alonso kicks up a stink if he isn't number 1 so they
> are just making sure he is happy. It is also typical Ferrari

Not really. If that was the case Alonso would have been far happier at the end on the radio and the podium. Looks like he would have much prefered to race.
Mon 26/07/10 at 15:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's because Alonso kicks up a stink if he isn't number 1 so they are just making sure he is happy. It is also typical Ferrari.
Mon 26/07/10 at 15:30
Regular
"How Ironic"
I watched abit of the race. Couldn't understand why they asked Massa to let Alonso through? Surely the better rider would have be leading, because if Alonso was faster etc., shouldn't he have gone pass with no assistance?
Mon 26/07/10 at 13:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I can understand the switch if Alonso needed the win and Massa had no chance of the drivers title but Massa still has a chance. If Alonso wanted the win so bad, he should have overtaken Massa legit. He did have a few chances and Massa wasn't letting him by then.

The fact remains - teams orders still happen even if they aren't as obvious as this case. This is the worst case of team orders because Ferrari had a 1-2 regardless of who was leading. If they were 4th and 5th and Alonso was significantly faster, then he should go by Massa because Alonso would then try and challenge for more points up ahead.

This move from Ferrari just shows that Alonso is their number 1. They've written off Massa's title challenge at just over halfway in the season with around 200 points still to play for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.