GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"P.C. or PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/03/04 at 20:24
Regular
"SolidSnakeSoner"
Everytime in school me and a bunch of mates of mine come together and talk about which is better in gaming P.C or PS2...I always say P.C and my mates say PS2, ill like to know from you lot out here which you think is the best in gaming.

Thnx
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:57
Regular
"who wrote that?"
The order goes

PS2
Gamecube
Xbox
Pc

With the worst being PS2 and best being PC
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Price of games is something the PC cannot be beaten on. Sure it has expensive hardwar (unless you look around) but the games come at price that make up for this. I already have four games on pre-order, all £17.99 each, almost £20 less than the RRP of many console games.
Wed 21/04/04 at 18:27
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
erm lettme think (again)

PC game - XIII = £11.99 (offer of the week *cough* month)

PS2 game - XIII = £30.99

XIII running at 400mhz (roughly)

or what ever your pc is and much better graphics etc etc..

i think my point is clear
Wed 21/04/04 at 12:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Aoe wrote:
> No. I'd actually say the PS2 has worse games than any current
> console/PC. The Xbox and Gamecube have got some rather nice titles
> which are exclusives, and then PS2 has what?

Sony fans have always used the excuse that the PS2 has the biggest games collection of any of the three consoles (though I'd say the PC has the biggest games collection of them all) yet whenever I go out to try and find these games, which I do, they are of such a poor quality that I always leave empty handed.

It's like my brother said the other week, "what happened to the PS2? It used to have some great games" and it did, a couple of years back, but I haven't found any recently, certainly not any that are worthy of a purchase. I'll leave it to my gamecube to provide my console needs, the game available for that machine are quite possibly some of the finer console games I've played.
Tue 20/04/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
be§§ant™ wrote:
> my opinion =
>
> ps2 has better games than other consoles but pc has the best
> obvouisly.
>
> ps2 has a 423mhz processor i think and xbox has 744mhz gamecube have
> no idea
>
> a pc is better if it is a good pc

PS2 is 293mhz XBox 733mhz and the GameCube 485mhz. One thing to remember is there different architecture so in theory the GameCube CPU is equivalent to the XBox's CPU.
Tue 20/04/04 at 08:10
Regular
Fantavision, obviously.
Tue 20/04/04 at 07:46
Regular
"\\"
be§§ant™ wrote:
> my opinion =
>
> ps2 has better games than other consoles but pc has the best
> obvouisly.

No. I'd actually say the PS2 has worse games than any current console/PC. The Xbox and Gamecube have got some rather nice titles which are exclusives, and then PS2 has what?
Mon 19/04/04 at 23:15
Regular
It's obvious, it's the PC. Games are cheaper (or free if you like taking money from developers), choice of control (mouse and keyboard, massive range of control pads including the console ones, some which are completely customisable in-game).

Graphics far superior to the PS2, again customisable to suit your PC. Running slow in Max Payne 2? Turn off some of the details, or change the resolution - with any of the consoles you're stuck, and for the PS2 especially this isn't good if the graphics are crap to begin with.

Patches; most say this is a bad thing, but after paying your £30 (max) game wouldn't it be great if the developer continued improving the game, adding more maps or features, and adjusting parameters of the game to present a more enjoyable experience? Well, that's what you get with the PC.

Mods, online community, etc. In addition to developers patching and releasing add-ons, you can also get them from the online community. Maps, mods and add-ons that the original developer would never have thought of are all there online. What's more, you can make game content yourself, in the form of maps, characters, skins, modding of the game structure - most major games have an editor so you can create and release into the online community.

Online connections - you don't have to pay, and you don't have to share it with another console - usually console connections are made through the PC, but it's much tidier and less hassle connecting from the PC direct.

The PC is also the only games machine option that is portable; if you want to play on the go, and high end laptop will suit you fine for a train journey or for a significant portion in the car (bumpiness aside).

Oh, and you could use it for other things outside of gaming too, which I hear can be quite useful.
Mon 19/04/04 at 17:52
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
my opinion =

ps2 has better games than other consoles but pc has the best obvouisly.

ps2 has a 423mhz processor i think and xbox has 744mhz gamecube have no idea

a pc is better if it is a good pc
Mon 19/04/04 at 17:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If it was PC or Gamecube, then I'd have difficulty choosing, PS2 is a fairly redundant console now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.