GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skies Of Arcadia Legends"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:04
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I have seen it on Amazon for about £30 and I donjt really follow games but was there like any hype on this? I very much enjoyed Skies Of Arcadia for the dreamcast some say it is better than FF10 and now that it has switched consoles is it any good?
Certainly an improvement in graphics will be expected and less choppy-ness should be there but like most games coming up today how long will it be?

Only the best of Rpg games are now long and the most are short to complete with bad replay value even the ones with replay value are not that worth going through again also does it lead on from Skies Of Arcadia or is it a completely seperate story? I am guessing Roy from super smash bros melee is the main character as he was from future rekease and fits the bill but who knows?

So what im really asking is do you think this game will bea the original?
Is it worth £30?
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Legends is fantastic. Really.

It took me about 80 hours to complete it, so unless you have a lot of spare time, I don't suggest you get it.

But if you do, it's fantastic, and you'll enjoy every moment.
Tue 23/03/04 at 10:06
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Yes it did and the front cover of the dreamcast one looked better as well.
Tue 23/03/04 at 10:03
Regular
I have both versions of Skies of Arcadia, and although I haven't played as far as I did on the Dreamcast version (though only through lack of time) I have to say its worth getting.

Graphically it looks the same, though there are a few slight differences to the game that I've noticed already.

Is it just me or did the Dreamcast version sound better?
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:39
Regular
Kirby Air Ride and Mario & Luigi are certainly original titles, and Mario & Donkey Kong looks to be the best. Nintendo just haven't had the right ideas for the big-name franchises.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:35
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I guess is it me or have nintendo not had any spark of originality lately?
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:32
Regular
There is a sequel in the works that will *hopefully* be shown at E3, but what with a PC port mid-way through development I doubt we'll see it any time soon.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:29
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Well thats a must buy I cant beleive I sold the original I have been getting loads of cravings for my old games lately Alundra 1 and 2 being some of them.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:24
Regular
From what I've heard, it's more of an extended version with extra discoveries and the like. Oh, and Roy isn't in it.. at all. It's a Sega game.

Very, very brilliant though.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:20
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Yesh very true but this is a sequel so you never could be a Final Fantasy 6 to 7 type thing or it could be a Syphon Filter to Syphon Filter 2 type of sequel.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:07
Regular
I'd get it even if you've completed it on the 'Cast.

Tis genius.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.