GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skies Of Arcadia Legends"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:04
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I have seen it on Amazon for about £30 and I donjt really follow games but was there like any hype on this? I very much enjoyed Skies Of Arcadia for the dreamcast some say it is better than FF10 and now that it has switched consoles is it any good?
Certainly an improvement in graphics will be expected and less choppy-ness should be there but like most games coming up today how long will it be?

Only the best of Rpg games are now long and the most are short to complete with bad replay value even the ones with replay value are not that worth going through again also does it lead on from Skies Of Arcadia or is it a completely seperate story? I am guessing Roy from super smash bros melee is the main character as he was from future rekease and fits the bill but who knows?

So what im really asking is do you think this game will bea the original?
Is it worth £30?
Tue 23/03/04 at 23:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I bought it from a retailer for about £22 before the new year.

Its still shrink wrapped.
Tue 23/03/04 at 23:30
Regular
It's fantastic, it always will be...

...BUT WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE MUSIC!!

The music on the Dreamcast was SO good, fully orchestrated and incredible, it made the game so much more, and they've ruined it by making it almost bloody midi!

It's disgusting. Hmph.
Tue 23/03/04 at 23:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Yesh very true but this is a sequel

It's an update, extra discoveries, backstories, more stuff to find, other bits and bobs.

It is probably my favourite game on the Cube. I cannot stress how much of a pleasure this game is to play. Took me 72 hours to fully complete 100%, and every one of them I enjoyed. I can't say that about many other games.
Tue 23/03/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Well im going to buy it for £20 then thank you all.
Tue 23/03/04 at 21:12
Regular
Diffcilut to find? There are loads of places selling it. It will go that way eventually but for now there are plenty around.

As for the game, it is just abouts the best damn RPG ever, definitley in the same league as Final Fantasy VII and KOTOR.
Tue 23/03/04 at 21:11
Regular
Not so long ago it was £15 from gameplay, then got pushed back up to £26. Dunno about now.
Tue 23/03/04 at 21:09
Regular
How different is the frequency of random battles in the 2 versions?
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:33
"period drama"
I almost gave up on finding it, but then it suddenly came back into the shops. This was about 6 months ago, so i got it, and now it's dissapeared again.
A-ha.

Amazing game.
A pleasure to play.
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dunno. I got it from GAME the day it came out, for £35, but that was a really long time ago.

Now it's really difficult to find.
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:04
Regular
"the burning sky"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Legends is fantastic. Really.
>
> It took me about 80 hours to complete it, so unless you have a
> lot
of spare time, I don't suggest you get it.
>
> But if you do, it's fantastic, and you'll enjoy every moment.

So where would be the cheapest place to get it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.