GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skies Of Arcadia Legends"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:04
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I have seen it on Amazon for about £30 and I donjt really follow games but was there like any hype on this? I very much enjoyed Skies Of Arcadia for the dreamcast some say it is better than FF10 and now that it has switched consoles is it any good?
Certainly an improvement in graphics will be expected and less choppy-ness should be there but like most games coming up today how long will it be?

Only the best of Rpg games are now long and the most are short to complete with bad replay value even the ones with replay value are not that worth going through again also does it lead on from Skies Of Arcadia or is it a completely seperate story? I am guessing Roy from super smash bros melee is the main character as he was from future rekease and fits the bill but who knows?

So what im really asking is do you think this game will bea the original?
Is it worth £30?
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:48
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Legends is fantastic. Really.
>
> It took me about 80 hours to complete it, so unless you have a
> lot
of spare time, I don't suggest you get it.
>
> But if you do, it's fantastic, and you'll enjoy every moment.

Hmph! I should've chosen it over Windwaker.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The tunes themselves are great, but the quality that they're presented in is bad. I listened to some Dreamcast versions of the tunes, and the difference is very noticeable. Roll on Skies 2 with Pro Logic.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:37
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> They compressed the audio so they could fit it on one disc. They even
> went mono for some of the soundtrack. Didn't really effect it as even
> though the game didn't run in Pro Logic 2 my Dolby processor
> simulated its own Pro Logic track which helped to compensate for a
> weaker audio track in the first place.

It wouldn't have sounded even better with DECENT BLOODY MUSIC ON THE DISC.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:01
"I love yo... lamp."
Ooooh. Well my bolted on flux capacitor gave me 784,394 FPS more than you! And rather than use some sort of gay wireless controller I use mindpower. So ner ner. I win.

Pills please.
Wed 24/03/04 at 21:57
Regular
They compressed the audio so they could fit it on one disc. They even went mono for some of the soundtrack. Didn't really effect it as even though the game didn't run in Pro Logic 2 my Dolby processor simulated its own Pro Logic track which helped to compensate for a weaker audio track in the first place.
Wed 24/03/04 at 21:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The sound is an injustice to the game, which despite random battles (KOTOR-stylee is the way forwards) is damn good.

And Vyse going 'woo! let's be brave and good the whole FU****G time! We'll forgive/help/love/worship you whatever, 'cos that's what friends do!'
Wed 24/03/04 at 08:16
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> It's fantastic, it always will be...
>
> ...BUT WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE MUSIC!!
>
> The music on the Dreamcast was SO good, fully orchestrated and
> incredible, it made the game so much more, and they've ruined it by
> making it almost bloody midi!
>
> It's disgusting. Hmph.

What's worse is that the midi sounds out of tune in some parts.

How the hell can that happen?
Wed 24/03/04 at 08:10
"The Will of D."
Past a certain point random battles are unnavoidable but after that you can choose to fight them to level up.
I found that on my 3rd try the quickest time this game can be completed is about 50-60 hours which is the longest rpg i've ever had myself, ad the story never ends throughout, it's like a trilogy or quadrilogy of films in one game.
Wed 24/03/04 at 01:56
Regular
Its great besides the bloody annoying random battles..
Wed 24/03/04 at 00:01
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Skies is the best.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.