GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHY!?!?!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/08/01 at 09:31
Regular
Why do bloody sausages bend you fry them eh?

I did some sausages for my tea yesterday, and the bloody things bent in the pan.

They curled up so I could only cook them on each side, it looked like ZEBRA SAUSAGE I was eating!

AND I'd stabbed them with a fork before I started cooking them as well. (Cue some joke about me "stabbing my sausage" hahaha).

They never curl up when Jamie "Pucka Tucker" Oliver cooks 'em do they eh?!

Pfah!
Thu 02/08/01 at 00:31
Regular
that tv chef with the dumb spikey hair...gary rohdes thats him! he says you should never pr!ck your sausages *giggles*
Wed 01/08/01 at 12:37
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
dya know, that your car munberplate is breaking eu law if it says anything other than "member of the EU"?

Did you hear about that greengrocer that was taken to court cos he refused to sell his wares in kilos? he went down and all!

Tony Blair (witch) will be the end of us all! I'm moving to Canada.
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:52
"High polygon count"
Remember that episode of The Simpsons where they're in Japan, and the melons are made to grow 'square' for easier stacking?

Surprised Brussels didn't pick up on that one!
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:43
Regular
Yeah! How stupid is that "Banananananans Must be straight" thing?

Obviously whoever said that doesn't know how banananananaas (sorry, I can't stop spelling that word)grow.

Fool!
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:41
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> Really?

Yup - they alledgedly reach the, umm, 'parts' that straight sausages can't.

Probably a Euro law that sausages must curl when cooked... as opposed to bananas, which should be straight...
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
LMAO@MIKE!!!
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Piercing the sausages does help to prevent them bending in the pan, but you'll find that if you just turn the heat down a little they'll cook straight everytime.

The reason they bend is that the heated side of the sausage, if heating too quickly, expands faster than the cooler side, thereby bending the sausage.

You may then think that heating the other side of the sausage would then straighten it out again, but you can't heat it properly as it is now bent and it won't heat evenly.

In short, don't be in such a rush to cook your sausages each time.
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
Wòókiee Møn§Ý€R wrote:
> Women apparently like bent sausages.

No, Tai from clueless doesn't.

"Break me off a piece of that... so long as his, you know what isn't crooked"
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:36
Regular
Really?

Thats alright then, I get bent sausages every time!
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:34
"High polygon count"
Women apparently like bent sausages.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.