GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steel Batallion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Steel Battalion'.
Wed 24/03/04 at 08:19
Regular
I have it.

Who wants to touch me?

I said who want's to ing touch me?
Mon 29/03/04 at 18:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok, I went to the Basildon SR today and picked up the online game. I'll probably set it up tomorrow and have a look into it. Might mess around making up an emblem tonight and stuff. ;-)

The gaining and losing territory part of the online game looks pretty good. Plus I read something in the booklet about trading. Hmmmmmmmm, interesting. Gonna try and finish SP:PT tonight. ;-)
Mon 29/03/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Edgy I knew a few helpful guys who have this who would help you out, reply with an email address and I'll let you know gamertags.
Mon 29/03/04 at 09:14
Regular
There are some non-nerdy people out there with the game...I think there's someone on me Live contacts list who has it. (not sure if they come on here though).

I couldn't get into his game though - his was full.

I think I just had bad luck with my timing.
Mon 29/03/04 at 07:05
Regular
Oo-ar, the Leeds Gamestation have at least one of these in stock at £129.99.

If it's there on Saturday, I might just buy.

I don't have the space though and would probably only play it once/twice due to SC:PT, R63, CS, PGR2 etc etc...
Sun 28/03/04 at 21:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmmm, that almost sounds like a cry for help mate. ;-) "Buy it and get online with me so I can attempt to have a decent game !" ;-))
Bonus is that I already have the original and I think a shop near me has the game in seperately. I might consider it if I go into town tomorrow and see it looking at me on the shelf.

So is it all nerds ? Or are there ::gasp:: normal people playing it ?
Well besides you of course - not calling you a nerd. ;-)
Sun 28/03/04 at 20:07
Regular
The single player game is amazing - and I especially like the frustrating fact that if you don't eject before your VT explodes, you have to start from the beginning.

The online play could be great also. Potentially it is, however with the majority of gamers just chatting on my first attempt at play, I can't really say.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wow, thanks for the warning there - was starting to weaken towards it for a moment. ;-))
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:25
Regular
The Steel Battalion controller is the original one.

A seperate controller is required for the headset.

Note: Online play (so far) sucks. The Americans have had it longer and they're the majority of the players.

"Oh, you've just got this game then?"

Came the nerdy voice through my headset.

"Yes, it has only just been released here in the UK."

It seems the yankees mainly use it as a chatroom.
Sun 28/03/04 at 18:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hey Edgy - that new Steel Battalion controller, does it have a port for the headset ? Or do you have to plug it into a regular controller ?
Thu 25/03/04 at 13:35
Regular
I was waiting for someone to say that :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.